Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Model S!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

googleiscoul

3 months maybe, 6 months definitely......
Mar 13, 2017
Aldie VA
Ordered a model s after watching Tesla all the way from the beginning and decided it would be a good time to finally get one for myself. I had looked at the Model S CPO like 2 years ago but wasn't set on buying one. Plan on buying it and using it for a long time (especially for the FSD, I want to be a part of the refining process) I got the 100d, dark blue metallic, FSD, Subzero, normal seats, no air suspension or premium package, no upgraded sound either, and a glass roof (this is going to be nice). I have a few questions for the community. For now says mid to early April delivery,(I don't think it's really a good estimate till it's started production). Excited to be a new part of the Tesla owning community!

1. I got standard wheels - is it easy to take off the tires and install the tsportline rims with original tires? (Concern is really taking the tire off and putting it back on)
2. Are there any options that I should change/add before March 20th (a week from my purchase)
3. What is a good name for my car? Came up with a few - Glacier, Iceberg, and Blue Whale (suggest if you know any good ones for a dark blue Tesla)

Reactions: Lu Ann
I would think about air suspension, I use mine frequently to stop the front and rear bumpers getting hung up and damaged in car parks with odd sized wheel stops more designed for SUVs. I also seem to visit a few driveways with steep entrances off the street but that may just be where I live.

@meloccom Will consider air suspension, but I heard getting it fixed if it's broken is very expensive and I don't really see it worth $2500. But will notice closer when I drive around next time to see if there are any areas that need suspension.

I would think about air suspension, I use mine frequently to stop the front and rear bumpers getting hung up and damaged in car parks with odd sized wheel stops more designed for SUVs. I also seem to visit a few driveways with steep entrances off the street but that may just be where I live.
We have both, with and without air suspension, and yes, if have air you have to use it in parking lots. Without air, the car sits higher already, so it's more convenient to not have to remember or damage the car. Personally I like less roll with air in low at higher speeds, but I also have one of the last + suspensions on the one with air, so that may account for the difference in handling too.

Yeah saw that @whitex I decided $3500 for a power lift gate, and upgraded lights/materials wasn't really for me. I tried to go for the essential upgrades I couldn't really do later or ones I really wanted. I actually wasn't going to get a glass roof at first when I went and test drove a pano roof I decided the glass roof would be awesome. Same with blue, I was getting solid black then i saw blue at the store and loved it. Still debating about premium package will look more into it - the fog lights actually seem pretty useful to me.

Also in that case looks like no air for me, all I'm looking for is good range and FSD and some nice features that are useful. Handling, and acceleration aren't important. Went from the 90d at the beginning to the 100 because it was only a $3000 upgrade, probably my best use of $3000 towards the Tesla so far.

if you don't have small children, I would go for the upgraded seats. If you listen to any music at all, I would go for the upgraded sound. Personally prefer the coils on the 70D. I often forget that we have the powered lift on the 90 but I do agree that on a 100k car it is a pretty basic and possibly expected feature. You will love it no matter what you decide.

I plan to have this for a long time so I might think about upgraded seats, but I think 2500 is steep for sound package, I have a car I upgraded the sound in for $500 that sounded way better. Since I'm keeping it for a while I'll probably change out the speakers/add a subwoofer after the warranty runs out.

Reactions: GSP
Ordered a model s after watching Tesla all the way from the beginning and decided it would be a good time to finally get one for myself. I had looked at the Model S CPO like 2 years ago but wasn't set on buying one. Plan on buying it and using it for a long time (especially for the FSD, I want to be a part of the refining process) I got the 100d, dark blue metallic, FSD, Subzero, normal seats, no air suspension or premium package, no upgraded sound either, and a glass roof (this is going to be nice). I have a few questions for the community. For now says mid to early April delivery,(I don't think it's really a good estimate till it's started production). Excited to be a new part of the Tesla owning community!

1. I got standard wheels - is it easy to take off the tires and install the tsportline rims with original tires? (Concern is really taking the tire off and putting it back on)
2. Are there any options that I should change/add before March 20th (a week from my purchase)
3. What is a good name for my car? Came up with a few - Glacier, Iceberg, and Blue Whale (suggest if you know any good ones for a dark blue Tesla)

Some name for your consideration
Blue Meth
Electric Blue
Bluebeard
Skyfall

You would do well to listen to the members on this forum and test out each option. I have the same config as you and really missed out on some of the features and now cannot go back.

1. Premium upgrade package. I thought the same expensive for some lights. But it's super dark in the car without those lights and cannot be retrofitted. In addition biodefense mode for any smells or allergies. Fog lights and also when you turn it illuminates the sides giving you much improved visibility. One weak point in the car is headlights and being super dark. Pup resolves that and gives you added goodies.

2. Fsd won't be here for a while. You can pick this up with a bonus check later, tax refund etc. the hardware for it is always going to be available when it's perfected, activate.

3. Subzero mode is useless. It does nothing for winter driving despite the name. Yes heated steering wheel is amazing and only $1000 option. Cheap to pick up.

4. Regular seats are fine. The new regular seats have extra bolsters which are even better. If you have kids or is planning on ever eating in the car the next gen seats are easier to clean.

5. No air is a good choice. Less problems and the normal height of the car is fine. You're not off-roading.

6. Normal sound is fantastic.

7. Standard wheels looks fine. Cheaper tires and less apt to pothole damage. You can always aftermarket a set for cheaper on the marketplace here.

8. The inside color makes a big difference in how spacious and bright the car feels. Blue outside is a very good choice.

I don't think you can change opinions a week before delivery without taking a $500 hit or them even allowing it. You have a week from ordering to change and then that's it.

It's an amazing car no matter the config. If you will keep it forever, then don't miss out on the options that really matter.