Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Do new Tesla Model S's still have the camber / tire issue?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My first car with them was this 2012 Model S and I had to pay to get them added by Tesla (a lot) since it was delivered without them. It wasn't even delivered with P85 logo on it as they forgot or didn't have it on the first 100 cars or so they made.

I assume the camera bases park assist is good enough within 2 feet? So will just have to stop then and not count on it being accurate without getting out of car and looking.
Honestly I didn’t find the camera assist to be super useful (granted I have very limited experience right now). In the daytime it seems to detect objects fine, but the distance estimation is hit or miss. At night, which is really when it’s a more necessary feature, it kept telling me park assist is degraded.

Now all that said it’s not too hard to estimate where the front of the car is. And the back I can maneuver pretty well between cameras and mirrors. But it certainly feels like a step back in that regard compared to my model 3.

At some point I might do some serious research into the possibility of retrofitting them. But unfortunately it wouldn’t be a cheap endeavor since it would necessitate new bumpers. And since ultra red didn’t exist in the ultrasonic era, in my case that means Tesla doesn’t even sell pre painted bumpers (or sensors in the correct color for that matter)

Reactions: dsm363