Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

New Model 3 Performance news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've ordered the same.

I am more worried ahout the seats, my current 3 has white seats and they still look brand new (even after 4 years), however they do not have vents so it has been a little worried.
Go and have a look at it in person. The white interior for 2024 model 3's have big white plastic panels where the Alcantara is for the black interior. Those white panels look and feel tacky imo. I've changed my order to black interior.

I dropped into Tesla in Southport to have a look at the M3P. It was raining and unfortunately it was outside, so someone had to unlock it for me. The car is a red colour with black interior.

Keep in mind I'm coming from a M3P delivered in Dec, 2019.

I like the new seats, but do wonder about the side bolster wear from entry and exit. I tried to play around with the temperature to activate the ventilated seats, but apparently I had to take it off auto to control it directly and I didn't do that. I was assured they are wonderful :).

I hadn't bothered to look at the new red colour in person before today. It's much more appealing than the previous red and I now get the Mazda comparisons. Everyone's seen videos and pictures of the exterior, so no surprises there. I asked about the new silver (Model Y is on display), but was told no :(.

I sat in the back to see how the kids would operate the rear screen functions. The fan speed options seemed to just be very fast and fast? It was good to see the ability to control the vents for each side of the cabin in the rear. I also liked that the kids could add their own bluetooth devices and control the media, games, etc.

I found the new ambient lighting to be a distraction. I guess it's something you'll get used to, but it really didn't do anything for me other than seem out of place. I guess coming from my bland interior the contrast is high.

I played some music on Spotify to see how the new sound system compared. Unfortunately either this car had a fault or someone had adjusted the settings. The subwoofer was clearly coming from the rear of the car and the overall sound was incoherent. I did look at the settings and adjusted the subwoofer down to neutral, but that made no difference. There was nothing else obvious to change to improve the sound. This was a disappointment.

I tried the new indicator buttons and found that to be fine. I don't think the lack of stalks will be a problem for me. I guess a test drive will sort that out!

I was told they were preparing for test drives, so expect that to be available very soon.

I dropped into Tesla in Southport to have a look at the M3P. It was raining and unfortunately it was outside, so someone had to unlock it for me. The car is a red colour with black interior.

Keep in mind I'm coming from a M3P delivered in Dec, 2019.

I like the new seats, but do wonder about the side bolster wear from entry and exit. I tried to play around with the temperature to activate the ventilated seats, but apparently I had to take it off auto to control it directly and I didn't do that. I was assured they are wonderful :).

I hadn't bothered to look at the new red colour in person before today. It's much more appealing than the previous red and I now get the Mazda comparisons. Everyone's seen videos and pictures of the exterior, so no surprises there. I asked about the new silver (Model Y is on display), but was told no :(.

I sat in the back to see how the kids would operate the rear screen functions. The fan speed options seemed to just be very fast and fast? It was good to see the ability to control the vents for each side of the cabin in the rear. I also liked that the kids could add their own bluetooth devices and control the media, games, etc.

I found the new ambient lighting to be a distraction. I guess it's something you'll get used to, but it really didn't do anything for me other than seem out of place. I guess coming from my bland interior the contrast is high.

I played some music on Spotify to see how the new sound system compared. Unfortunately either this car had a fault or someone had adjusted the settings. The subwoofer was clearly coming from the rear of the car and the overall sound was incoherent. I did look at the settings and adjusted the subwoofer down to neutral, but that made no difference. There was nothing else obvious to change to improve the sound. This was a disappointment.

I tried the new indicator buttons and found that to be fine. I don't think the lack of stalks will be a problem for me. I guess a test drive will sort that out!

I was told they were preparing for test drives, so expect that to be available very soon.
It was in there showroom a few days ago strange it’s been booted outside already. I didn’t have a listen to the sound. That’s disappointing. I’m sure it’s not normal

My family knew a person in the 80's that had a black HR Holden with blue crushed velvet headliner, it was like riding in a coffin, looking back, probably in more ways than one.
My Datsun 180b station wagon had wood panels on the sides and brown shagpile carpet, was very groovy.
I think my 66 HR had that blue headliner.

Last edited:
Looks like one is coming to rAdelaide

IMG_0446.jpeg

Reactions: Jules22
Just test drove one at Tesla Gold Coast. Amazing. Super smooth power, doesn’t run out like the older ones. Suspension/ dynamics are great !

I finally got up close with a Blue with Black interior performance today in Melbourne on a lazy afternoon, would my colour pick, its tempting, but I really need a Y for daily use, waiting for Juniper. The seats are fantastic,. a great balance between comfortable and sporty. Car overall looks great, still understated, but just a dash of aggression over the SR/LR. Still needs black headliner ans stalks!