Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Design Studio is up!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Evan, I elected to downgrade from Sig because I wanted a white Perf and waiting 5+ months is worth the $5,000 savings to me. I say you won't regret waiting for exactly the car you want. Don't feel pressured to buy something you don't want just to get it a few months early.

Is nobody worried about resale values, in terms of leather vs. textile? I've owned a few Mercs in my time, and the one thing I learnt was that a Merc without leather and Comand (nav and other media stuff) would really suffer with the residual values. I assume since the Model S is going up against the premium brands (Merc, Audi, BMW etc) that a similar argument would apply?

Leather has its place (our other car is the kid carrier, and textile seats in that would be a tragic mistake), but I tend to agree with others here, leather is not always ideal. My current car has microfiber seats with leather bolsters, and that seems to be a good balance.

Your post reminds me of when the Roadster first came out. They had promised a price of $98K and then decided to raise it. Folks who had already reserved were grandfathered into the $98K price, but a bunch of items were moved from standard to extra-cost optional and some people got very angry.....

It was actually 93K and they gave a week warning they were going to raise it to 98K They sold 50 Roadsters that week. Later they raised it again to a 109K base price.

Is nobody worried about resale values, in terms of leather vs. textile?

Not really, you'll spend any difference replacing the cracked leather seats so that the value won't plunge even more. Anyway, on a car in this price range you're taking such a big depreciation hit that the difference will only be chicken feed. And what's a few bucks compared to a couple of hundred thousand miles of uncomfortable driving?

Is anyone else still showing aerodynamic wheels on the Design Studio? Wondering if I need to refresh my browser somewhere or if Tesla hasn't gotten around to removing them yet.

They're still there for me, and Tesla also recently updated the Facts page on the site and gave the Aero wheels their own bulletpoint. I assume that means they won't be available at launch, but perhaps are still in the works.