Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Cybertruck images from earlier today

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla Cybertruck spotted in Palo Alto today with new camo wrap. More photos in thread.
screenshot-twitter.com-2023.06.14-01_22_59.png

I agree we don’t know for sure. The attached tweet is the best we have to go on for now.
That's not from Tesla. There are others who did the same thing and came out with smaller. All we know is that Elon said that the size is smaller. At first he said 5%, but then went back on that. We can see there is less usable space in the bed...everything else is a guess.

Reactions: Buckminster
You are posting the same thing over and over again. It's a guesstimate and there are numerous that are all different.

Of course, but it's the best info we have compared to the "numerous that are all different"

My point is how can someone say the truck is the same size as a Rivian/Tacoma with an interior for midgets. We don't have exact dimensions yet and what I linked to is the best we have for the final production version.

Of course, but it's the best info we have compared to the "numerous that are all different"

My point is how can someone say the truck is the same size as a Rivian/Tacoma with an interior for midgets. We don't have exact dimensions yet and what I linked to is the best we have for the final production version.
I agree it's unlikely to be the same size of the Rivian, but there's extremes. Some still think it will have a 6.5' bed and the interior size of an F150, while others say it's the size of a Rivian. The truth is likely in the middle. He's speaking to the interior size as he's stated multiple times. Most agree that the bed length is about 6'. The thing I've seen the most debate about is the interior and bed width. The doors and sides of the truck appear very thick.

I agree it's unlikely to be the same size of the Rivian, but there's extremes. Some still think it will have a 6.5' bed, while others say it's the size of a Rivian. The truth is likely in the middle. He's speaking to the interior size as he's stated multiple times.

exactly...but we have no specs on the interior so I don't understand how anyone can speak so definitively about it.

One of my concerns is the visibility out of the front the way those pillars stretch way out front.
I think that wide angle camera was deceiving. The pillars are on the side, but it could be an issue. That picture was not great for the hype on the CT.

Something to keep in mind, even though the CT has a smaller hood, the dash+hood is about the same distance from the drivers seat to the front as an F150. So the shorter hood is negated by the long dash, but is required due to the window slant.

• Informative
Reactions: cusetownusa
I think that wide angle camera was deceiving. The pillars are on the side, but it could be an issue. That picture was not great for the hype on the CT.

Something to keep in mind, even though the CT has a smaller hood, the dash+hood is about the same distance from the drivers seat to the front as an F150. So the shorter hood is negated by the long dash, but is required due to the window slant.

So theoretically it could still have a large frunk assuming that they fit most everything under the long dash.

how about this, Elon does not follow the full size vs smaller size PU categories, just plain jane Lightening, not his goal, vs radical
the CT is its own size, whatever it becomes at final, but most important, radical in look
I don't want a PU, I want a radical looking true 4x4 for off road, hoping that I am not disappointed
btw, this weekend it would be great to be able to pickup 2 sheets of 4x8 luan plywood I need, but Ill have to wait

how about this, Elon does not follow the full size vs smaller size PU categories, just plain jane Lightening, not his goal, vs radical
the CT is its own size, whatever it becomes at final, but most important, radical in look
I don't want a PU, I want a radical looking true 4x4 for off road, hoping that I am not disappointed
btw, this weekend it would be great to be able to pickup 2 sheets of 4x8 luan plywood I need, but Ill have to wait
Size is a factor for all. Too big, too small will eliminate buyers, just like any vehicle category.