Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Charlotte Service Center / Showroom

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got confirmation that this will absolutely be service, sales, as well as new vehicle delivery. With the amount of real estate they have for parking cars, I would imagine this would be a great place to have certified pre-owned Teslas as well.
That is my plan. That or an inventory vehicle! Crossing my fingers as I'm very excited. It should be a great way to meet the other area owners too.

Not much of a change today. There were two contractor trucks and they were working on the interior of the facility. I must admit that I've never been so excited about a showroom opening before though!

I tried to post new pics, but perhaps since I am a new member of the forums I cannot. Either that, or it doesn't like my iPhone.

Last edited:
Drove by the Tesla Store today. Lots of "progress" all the plastic that was covering the front in my previous pictures is gone.
There were many people working there, different sub-contractors.

Did not go in to chat, so not much more info - and sorry, no pics this time.

I drove by earlier today. The scaffolding appears to have come down inside and the showroom was getting cleaned up. Electricians were heading out, so I didn't get to see if they were working on just regular inside wiring or anything big to hint at superchargers or HPWCs. They are doing a great job progressing on it, so hopefully all goes according to schedule for opening later this month!

The Raleigh showroom only has only a HPWC. I doubt they will have Superchargers at the showroom in Charlotte.
This is not just a showroom, this is also the regional service center.
I have a feeling they will have 4 (just a hunch, i.e. speculation).
There is a nice large transformer on site (I think it was there already) to the left of the building, so might be enough juice there to get a few SC's going.

One could almost have a pipe dream that they would become an East Coast hub for the CPO program. They have enough space on site to park probably 60 cars. Take a few away for employees and customers, another few to have room to feed around, and there could easily be 30 Model S vehicles parked around waiting for service, charging, loaning out, or purchasing.

Went by today and peeked in. They have pictures on the walls, furniture, computers, etc. Seems like flooring might be last area. I did see 5 MS in the back fence. They did not look brand new so not sure where they came from. They do have lifts installed in the shop. I also saw two HPWC in the bays up front. My guess is the facility should be close to opening in a couple/few weeks.

Went by today and peeked in. They have pictures on the walls, furniture, computers, etc. Seems like flooring might be last area. I did see 5 MS in the back fence. They did not look brand new so not sure where they came from. They do have lifts installed in the shop. I also saw two HPWC in the bays up front. My guess is the facility should be close to opening in a couple/few weeks.

By the time I got there, they had the gate locked up, so I didn't get too close for a look. I'm guessing the MS in the side lot are for test drives. I emailed TM and the rep I got in touch with said I should be contacted by the Matthews store in a couple weeks for a test drive. Sorry to the grainy photos as I was almost on 74 when taking these with my phone.

IMG_6186.JPG
IMG_6187.JPG

Last edited: