Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Charlotte Service Center / Showroom

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks like there has been some updates to the permits. There are now 3 permits:

1) $500k to Adams and Terry. Looks like this is the contract to do the interior renovation.

2) $90k to Brilin Electric. Classified as "other building/structure(addition to garage/carport)". The $90k is entirely electrical installation costs. Sounds like a supercharger to me!

3) $21k to Ross & Whitmer also for "other building/structure(addition to garage/carport)". Assuming the Brilin Electric contract is a supercharger, could this be the contract for the concrete work? Or maybe solar panels?? The price would seem to fit solar panels, but I would expect solar city to do that type of work. Maybe they're nit licensed in NC.. That's all heresay though; I have no guess what this one could be :)

This is the old Queen City Lincoln / Mercury. Probably a pretty good location for a showroom since it is near the Audi and Infiniti dealers.

I think I found the permit for the Charlotte service center. Wasn't there a few days ago. Was hoping I'd find the permit for the Charlotte area supercharger, but I guess having a few HPWC's around would be helpful:

The address appears to be:

9140 E INDEPENDENCE BLVD
Matthews, NC 28105

Drove by the location last night. Lights are on, 2 dumpsters right out front and demo work has started inside. You can see HVAC ducts hanging from the ceiling.
There is life at the Charlotte Tesla Service Center!
Good News.
This has been almost two weeks ago now, I wonder if there is any more progress.. Will anyone be in the area this week?
I'm assuming they can only Demo - the permits are still on hold..

Good News.
This has been almost two weeks ago now, I wonder if there is any more progress.. Will anyone be in the area this week?
I'm assuming they can only Demo - the permits are still on hold..
Yes. This is correct and something I have been waiting on. The old Lincoln store is now being renovated to be the Charlotte Service and sales center. I am not an owner but a huge fan of the Tesla vehicle. As the name implies... onedaymaybe... and now with it 5 minutes from my house... why not.
I am not only 5 minutes from there but pass it every morning on my way to work at the Honda store. Now that I know what is going in you can bet I will be paying a heck of a lot more attention.
If you all would like I can even update as events take place here on these pages.

Yes. This is correct and something I have been waiting on. The old Lincoln store is now being renovated to be the Charlotte Service and sales center. I am not an owner but a huge fan of the Tesla vehicle. As the name implies... onedaymaybe... and now with it 5 minutes from my house... why not.
I am not only 5 minutes from there but pass it every morning on my way to work at the Honda store. Now that I know what is going in you can bet I will be paying a heck of a lot more attention.
If you all would like I can even update as events take place here on these pages.

Thanks for the update and welcome to the forums! If you get a chance, snap some pictures and post the progress as well.

Interesting development. I got a call from Tesla about a test drive. Not sure where the guy was based from, but we got to talking about doing a test drive out of Charlotte in the near future and he said that Charlotte will have a service center not a sales office.

This seems strange to me. The project clearly states "347669 TESLA CHARLOTTE SERVICE & SALES" so I assumed it will be a showroom as well.

I think it is dumb, and maybe he just wanted for me to schedule a test drive out of Raleigh (which is what he was recommending) instead of waiting on Charlotte to open.

I think I got several pieces of information here. The service team is already in place here in Charlotte with at least 2 service techs working locally in Charlotte as of now. The sales is still done in Raleigh. I understand only after it is open they will start hiring a sales team here.

If the center opens in March or April you may - if you order now - take delivery in March or April here in Charlotte. So why wait until the center opens in Charlotte if you can take delivery?

As a side note... many local owners here may be allow you to check out the car here in Charlotte :)

As a side note... many local owners here may be allow you to check out the car here in Charlotte :)
Oh, the test drive is for the Mrs... I have experienced the car in and out several times.
Not in a rush because her birthday is at the end of the year... shoot I can wait until fall and see if any 85D's are on sale from showroom floors and/or loaner fleet. But really I would want it customized to her liking... so back to ordering.

Anyway, I do hope CLT gets a real showroom/sales floor in addition to the service center. Makes more sense that way.

Oh I have been waiting for this exciting day. I have gottwn the bug to get a S85, but I never wanted to make the drive to Raleigh if it needed anything. I've seen a couple around town, but never in a place were I can say hi to the owner (going the opposite way on in traffic and such). I just signed up for an account because of this thread as this SC will not be far from me at all. I will have to cross my fingers for a speedy opening and schedule a test drive!

Swung by the Tesla shop, lots of contractor cars, saw people coming in and out and some forklift and driving around. Found a place to park on the side of the road and got these shots...
I have been by the place before, but never realized how much parking the place has! I am hoping they have an 8 stall SC there as well - they could say it covers the South Charlotte area.

20150117_100308.jpg
20150117_100636.jpg
20150117_100637.jpg
20150117_100638.jpg
20150117_100640.jpg

Attachments

• 20150117_100318.jpg
    20150117_100318.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 288
Charlotte service center is scheduled to open end of February according to the Tesla ranger that dropped off my car from Raleigh about 15 minutes ago. He had no other details.

I mi will be anxiously waiting until the end of February to schedule a test drive. So exciting. I did the math today and this will be perfect if they have superchargers. I am mere miles away from this location and won't need to worry about electrical at my house for large charges. I can easily stop by on my way home from work.

Drove by it tonight on my way home from work. Interior lights are on, but I couldn't get too close. They had a barricade up and I thought it best to check it out during daylight. The positioning is great for a gallery store as well as the service center since it's across the street from Infinity and next door to Audi. Should have some good foot traffic there. Now, when to submit a test drive request to get my first Tesla grin!

Got confirmation that this will absolutely be service, sales, as well as new vehicle delivery. With the amount of real estate they have for parking cars, I would imagine this would be a great place to have certified pre-owned Teslas as well.