Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Never played the order game, how's it work?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

boonedocks

MS LR Blk/Blk 19”
May 1, 2015
Gainesville GA
I have a 2015 85D that I drive a 100 miles a day using AP1. I am interested in buying a 100D with EAP & FSD. My question to those that have done so before me is this:

1: If you place an order and cancel before your week is up CAN YOU do that at no charge and place another order for another week? (repeat repeat repeat until you are ready to finalize or a price increase pops up and you keep your current order and move forward)

I am not in a HUGE hurry to upgrade but I would like to make sure I get a 100D at the current price and potentially wait until April/May deliveries are quoted online in case a new feature/enhancement/HUD :) are magically introduced beginning of next quarter.

2: How far along can you make changes to your order for the $500 fee vs a complete cancellation fee of $2,500

Do I have this right?

Order may he cancelled within 7 days for a full refund of deposit

After 7 days deposit is non-refundable but changes may be made for $500

What type of changes and up to when applies to the $500 fee.

Yes. 7 day cancelation.

Changes for $500 up until ~30-40 days before production start. Any changes can be grouped, as long as they are in the same "price book". Basically, what was available on the order page when you ordered. For example, you could change color and suspension type together for $500 change fee).

If they change basic things, you may get them. If they make major changes (as determined by Tesla), you would have to re-price to get those changes.

Yes. 7 day cancelation.

Changes for $500 up until ~30-40 days before production start. Any changes can be grouped, as long as they are in the same "price book". Basically, what was available on the order page when you ordered. For example, you could change color and suspension type together for $500 change fee).

If they change basic things, you may get them. If they make major changes (as determined by Tesla), you would have to re-price to get those changes.

Serial orders and cancellations are discouraged with a refund that takes two or three weeks, at least the one time I did it before finally making a decision.