Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Negative reputation points need to be eliminated

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well I've never had a negative rep given to me ... quick someone give me one! :biggrin:

In all seriousness, removing anonymity opens up an avenue for retaliation IMO.

I honestly find the whole system useless. It literally means nothing to me when I see a 4-bar green rep vs. someone with red rep because it's not reliable information.

As funny as it might be to negative Ben, I couldn't bring myself to do it, even as a joke.
D

There are times that negative reputation is more than deserved - people deliberately trolling, insulting others repeatedly, stuff like that.

I think we should just remove the anonymity of reputation (both positive and negative). If you're going to say something negative, you should be willing for the person to know who gave the negative feedback.

great plan..................................................

Or you could just replace Positive and Negative with like/dislike buttons ;) +1 DIGG /lol

I have to agree with Cinergi on this one...in all seriousness, I think the reputation system is completely useless. I don't look at people's rep at all. I don't even look at my rep. I actually look at the number of someone's posts to guesstimate how long they've been around these forums which, IMO, implies decent reputation, because I seriously doubt anyone would get to 700 posts without being banned if they were mostly nothing but troll posts and insults....

Agreed, i've been neg'd so many times its ridiculous
0rofl.gif
deadh.gif

why do people on here have to take everything so serious? this is the internet, no need to take text posts to heart.
dwightwhatever.gif

and why is anything anyone says thats not positive labeled as "negative"? so criticism or true words is negative? No. and thats basically always having to say positive things, even if there's nothing positive to say, so no criticism or real posts allowed? LOL get outta here, you guys that neg people need to lighten up, a forum is suppose to be fun, where's the fun when everything has to be serious all the time?

2ake3ir.gif

Although I'm a relatively new member, poster and shareholder, I'd like to offer my perspective: A contribution, whether OP or reply, should stand alone on its merits. I don't want to waste my time reading drivel nor do I want to spend time reading replies flaming any and all negative comments about TM, the MS, etc. I'm hear to learn as much as I can about Tesla, its history, its prospects, its products and its products' owners. As someone in the market for a new car, I want to make a wise and fiscally responsible decision. This forum has given me the opportunity to learn much more about Tesla's products than I might have otherwise. Reputations? Meh

I don't think it should be removed. The only time I got a negative reputation point, I deserved it and gave me the opportunity to fix my post and apologize to the person who down voted me (he had thoughtfully included his name).

Without the reporting system that post would still stand as an eternal monument to my inner dumbass.