Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Need Three More JdeMO Orders--Can We Count on You?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi Everyone,

Many of you have been monitoring the couple threads on the JdeMO DC fast charging for the Roadster made by QC Charge. We have been trying to put together an order since they are all sold out and QC decided to stop production. QC Charge agreed to build a new batch if we could meet the minimum order size, which we have not yet. We are exactly three orders short.

If you have ever thought about bringing CHAdeMO fast charging to your Roadster, it's now or never. And if you're not interested, but you know someone who might be, please reach out to them. Help us get these additional three orders to make this overall order go through.

Final cost will be $4,000. It requires a deposit of $1,000. If we do not make our minimum, the deposit is refundable. Once we make our minimum, the deposit becomes non-refundable. The design of the original JdeMO is being modified by QC Charge to put the connector behind the rear license plate so it's invisible while driving (similar to the photo, below. A big improvement over the original, if I do say so.

Hope to have you or your friends on board so we can move forward with this order!

Joe

IMG_2026.jpg

Attachments

• images.jpeg
    images.jpeg
    6.4 KB · Views: 71
By the way, if anyone wants to jump on the train, you probably still can as parts have not yet been ordered as far as I know. But you’ll need to move fast! ⚡

Tony and I exchanged a couple emails this week. It's still not too late to get in on the JdeMO bulk buy. Train is leaving the station soon though, so now's the time. We have 11 deposits so far.

Also, Tony sent me the image, below. With the angle shown, cutting into the trunk is unnecessary. Good news for those of you who were fearing this.

image0.jpeg

S-curve of the cable looks optimistic. i think it needs some kind of 90 degree connector on the plug to prevent the need for cutting the trunk.
You called this here a while ago @drewski and I'd be concerned too; particularly once the heavy nozzle is connected since all that's holding the weight is the bumper. Hopefully that 10° offset bracket is robust.

As for the second image showing the location of the dual inlets, it seems to indicated they'll protrude below the bottom lip. Does this mean the bottom edge of the bumper will need to be cut away to accommodate them o_O