Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

NanoFlowcell Quant, Quantino

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
More information on flow batteries here:

Vanadium redox battery - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Two major roadblocks:

- The electrolytes freeze in cold weather. Unlike Li-Ion you can't draw from the battery when the temperature is below freezing to run a pack heater.

- The electrolytes are dangerously acidic, with specialized equipment needed to drain and refill the tanks to recharge the battery.

I don't see this making it to production any time soon.

NanoFlowcell Quant

If 30kW is the sustained output of the nanoFlowCell, how to get to peak output? Pumping electrolyte faster, losing some efficiency? Or is there no peak output, and 30kW is max?

They're planning to charge a supercapacitor to deliver short bursts of peak power. No details, and no explanation on how they're going to sustain the max speed of 380 km/h. Maybe they'll add a cold fusion drive.

Discussing technical details probably makes as much sense as the technical details of the same person's "new" solar cells. BS and fraudmeter to the max imho.

The facts have been known since 2009, including court decisions. @VolkerP, since you come from Germany I guess you can read German:

Der wundersame Solarforscher aus Zürich - News Wirtschaft: Unternehmen - tagesanzeiger.ch

Anyway, that's it from me. But everyone is free to waste his own money on such projects (it looks like and more of these hucksters now focus on new/green energy).

Last edited:
The article is from 2009. Nunzio La Vecchia (the person behind a vast complex of NLV enterprises) screwed over some investors with a solar cell that should have phenomenal efficiency. But the test of a sample cell by independent Paul-Scherrer-Institut was rigged, apparently. A Swiss court ruled that professional investors lacked to do due diligence before investing in NLV Solar, and dumped the case. How cool is that.

So La Vecchia with the Quant-e might be in search of the next investors that want to believe in a technology too good to be true.

Guys the "CEO" of Quant, Nunzio La Vecchia is a straight up Con artist.

QUANT e-Sportlimousine by nanoFLOWCELL AG

This is an article about his first fraud case
Der wundersame Solarforscher aus Zürich - News Wirtschaft: Unternehmen - tagesanzeiger.ch

He promoted a technology for a Car where he can cover the Car with solarcells and those solarcells would be so efficient that they would power the car for ever

Here is a video, 5 years old where he had a "prototype" that was made by Koenigsegg, obviosly it was not a functioning prototype.

Like every good conartist he is also a singer
YES that is the CEO, Inventor and "Mastermind"

This is an article how he scammed 44 Million € out of an 89 years old Lady that believed his crap.
Nunzio L. (47) erschlich sich 44 Mio von Goldküsten-Grosi: Der falsche Physiker und sein Solar-Bschiss – Zentralschweiz – Blick

I guess he found new investors or is looking for new investors for his new fraud.

Last edited by a moderator:
Guys the "CEO" of Quant, Nunzio La Vecchia is a straight up Con artist.

This is an article about his first fraud case

It took three pages and a few warnings. I already linked to the same article above. Unless he happens to have a twin brother with the same first name who happens to be a self-taught genius. Unfortunately even the WSJ (German edition) fell for the same trap again and wrote an article...

Erfinder will mit Flusszellen die Elektromobilitt revolutionieren - WSJ.de

And he sees TSLA as a potential customer as per the article (good luck with that, although that scenario would be too good to be true for me since I'm short TSLA at the moment as you know).

Most mass media journalists unfortunately don't do good research any longer, the same can be seen in the current Newsweek article about the Bitcoin inventor unmasking (first a complete invasion of privacy and secondly they maybe or even likely got the wrong man).

I will believe this Quant thing when I see the range proven by third party tests one day. I doubt that test will ever take place. Green/alternative energy seems to be the new favorite sector for many hucksters.

Last edited:
Guys, believe it or not, this was discussed five years ago.

Koenigsegg Quant

What I said then:
Right. Certainly interesting, but I can't say I'm optimistic about anything coming of it anytime soon. A few warning signs: They play up solar panels, which we know is mostly a marketing gimmick (Fisker admitted you could get about 5 miles of range if the Karma sat in the sun for a week). Wheel motors again... still waiting for a production car with wheel motors. Unspecified battery technology with new fancy acronym, Flow Accumulator Energy Storage (FAES).

Sounds like they're playing the same game and added more buzz words.

flowcell power maybe the next generation power source........

this is an interesting piece of news: FLOWCELL AG are now allowed to test their concept car on EU roads! looks great and maybe this is just what the doctor ordered as a power source instead of batteries...... anyway it seems that finally the world is really waking up to e-power in all its different forms and Elon's wish to speed up the switch to electric is beginning to take hold

http://www.evo.co.uk/news/evonews/292921/200mph_flow_cell_concept_hits_german_roads.html

Mr. Nunzio La Vecchia has only one thing on his mind. His plan is to convince people into investing their money in his big bubble. Which is just too good to be true. This man should have become an illusionist.

+1

I started to look into this nanocell thing, love the story of musician meeting up genius inventor, and together they decide to change the world... Love the video!

But too many red flags. No papers was published by inventor/molecular researcher, musician got previous experience of advertising supercar that never saw light of the day, too much marketing(Monaco prince, "cold burning" etc) and zero facts...

It do looks like scam that targets investors without experience...

So the car carries 105 gallons of electrolyte. How often does that need to be replaced and what is the cost and where do you refuel?

And if the micron-thick membrane separating these two reactants with 120kWh of potential energy should rupture, what happens? There are very real advantages to using 7,104 little batteries rather than one big battery.

This feels like Cold Fusion all over again. A couple of amateurs in a garage solve a problem that has stumped the entire world physics community for 50 years. No details, no independent verification. And deceptive marketing with an appeal to ignorant green vanity ("powered by salt water" -- no, it's not).

We all love the story of the no-name Swiss patent clerk who in a single year (1905) changed our entire understanding of the universe. It's a great story precisely because it's so implausible. We'd all love to be that guy, or to be Cinderella. In all likelihood, not gonna happen.

And if the micron-thick membrane separating these two reactants with 120kWh of potential energy should rupture, what happens? There are very real advantages to using 7,104 little batteries rather than one big battery.

This feels like Cold Fusion all over again. A couple of amateurs in a garage solve a problem that has stumped the entire world physics community for 50 years. No details, no independent verification. And deceptive marketing with an appeal to ignorant green vanity ("powered by salt water" -- no, it's not).

We all love the story of the no-name Swiss patent clerk who in a single year (1905) changed our entire understanding of the universe. It's a great story precisely because it's so implausible. We'd all love to be that guy, or to be Cinderella. In all likelihood, not gonna happen.

Your last three words are so right: "not gonna happen".

Seems like it's not rechargeable so the same problem as aluminum air.

And what happened to Kolibri? It also came from Germany and claimed a similar 115kWh of capacity. But its been 3 years and there's really not much news of it.

Flow batteries have been around for a while so I'm not sure these guys have done something particularly novel. 400 liters of electrolyte sound like a lot. I can't help but think any car that needs to take on any kind of fuel is a step backwards.