Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EV maker Fisker says it may go out of business

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
IMHO, also complicit in this sorry story are all the journalists who were flown to California to drive the Ocean around for a few hours, and who then put out positive to glowing reviews. Don't know if they had to sign agreements stating that they would not give negative feedback in order to access the review cars; if so, this should have been stated. As it was, one had to "read between the lines" pretty carefully to understand that the Ocean had significant problems.

IMHO, also complicit in this sorry story are all the journalists who were flown to California to drive the Ocean around for a few hours, and who then put out positive to glowing reviews. Don't know if they had to sign agreements stating that they would not give negative feedback in order to access the review cars; if so, this should have been stated. As it was, one had to "read between the lines" pretty carefully to understand that the Ocean had significant problems.
its all about Henrick and his total fakeout of an industry, inventors, press, and public/those buyers
his fraud abilities should ban him from leading a company ever again

again, he can sell snow to an eskimo

My neighbor took delivery of one of the first Ocean’s in SoCal.

The car is weird. Software is laggy. The key fob never works, the buttons for “California Mode” don’t always work.

The car drives fine and has plenty of power, but driving dynamics are a little quirky.

Overall, I believe that it’s way too overpriced (he paid over $75k I think).

I would t be surprised if Fisker eventually goes BK. The only thing that made this car worth any salt is that it is manufactured by the same company that makes the G Wagon for MBZ. So the build quality is quite nice. But as well built as the car is, whomever designed the software should never handle a keyboard and mouse ever again.

Reactions: Yelobird
My neighbor took delivery of one of the first Ocean’s in SoCal.

The car is weird. Software is laggy. The key fob never works, the buttons for “California Mode” don’t always work.

The car drives fine and has plenty of power, but driving dynamics are a little quirky.

I would t be surprised if Fisker eventually goes BK. The only thing that made this car worth any salt is that it is manufactured by the same company that makes the G Wagon for MBZ. So the build quality is quite nice. But as well built as the car is, whomever designed the software should never handle a keyboard and mouse ever again.
feel bad for your neighbor, he now owns a boat anchor
👹

He will feel bad as Fisker just announced spectacular discounts.

The electric-car maker faced difficulty keeping track of down payments on its cars,
as well as full payments from some customers, and in "a few cases" Fisker even
delivered some of its EVs without receiving any form of payment.

Outsourcing for custom software that's core to your product is usually a bad move.

What was the business plan if they're running out of money before ramping up to large production numbers? Were they planning to issue more stock but couldn't after the stock tanked?

Last edited:
Reactions: APotatoGod