Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MyTesla phone app - can't connect

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
FWIW, TM servers were having issues from late afternoon Pacific time intermittently through early this morning (...I could not connect with VisibleTesla or the iPhone app, and rebooting the MCU did not help). I spoke with TM support at about 1700 hrs Pacific yesterday and they were getting swamped with calls about it.

Tesla (iPhone) app working this afternoon :smile:
I can go back to park at DD, get me a large coffee,
get confy on a table overlooking the car, play quizzUp,
patiently wait until some teenagers get really close,
calculate timing/response.... and then honk the horn :rolleyes:
(it never gets old)

Not sure if this has been discussed before, I know the app not connection has. Would like to know the correlation between the 3G signal in the car and the 4G signal on my iPhone. What seems to happen once and a while is I can have 5 bars on my iPhone and 1/2 bar in the car and the app will not connect. I have had an issue where the 3G signal locks up at 1/2 bar and unless you reboot it stays a 1/2 bar, when this happens I cannot get the app to connect even if my iPhone has 5 bars. Does this make sense and why does the wifi in the car lock up?

Mine is parked at SeaTac for a few days, and I am unable to wake her up. This is my first time leaving her parked away from home overnight and not knowing she's where I left her is making me a little nervous. Is it too difficult for the signal to get to the parking garage. Not underground. Just concrete. What do you think?

Mine is parked at SeaTac for a few days, and I am unable to wake her up. This is my first time leaving her parked away from home overnight and not knowing she's where I left her is making me a little nervous. Is it too difficult for the signal to get to the parking garage. Not underground. Just concrete. What do you think?
3G signals are notoriously shielded by concrete and be other component of these modern structures, loads of steel.

try to park higher up, above ground level, and near an outside edge of a car park (to minimise the number of of other cars also shielding you).