Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MyTesla phone app - can't connect

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I can connect to my car on my iPhone right now at 08:48 PST.

And yes, with modern technology theses days it's impossible to conceal your location from your spouse or significant other ;-)

When I watch "Mad Men" and think back to how easy it was in those days to sneak around and literally have a secret life, it seems incredible. Those days are gone!

June connect failures

For first week in June My iPhone App fails to connect after 3 tries about 2/3 of time. Car shows 2 bars of connectivity.

Perhaps the server has become overloaded? I tried in wee hours of morning and it connected on first try.

I'm running beta version of iOS 8 (beta 1 and 2) - it seems that MyTesla is not longer stable and disconnects all the time. I know it's beta software, but i believe it's worth to mention, in case the development team of Tesla is reading the TMC-forum. ;-)

I had problems connecting to the car last week and as others have suggested it was fixed by rebooting both the large screen (press and hold down both scroll wheels on the steering wheel) as well as the instrument cluster (press and hold both left and right per buttons on the steering wheel).

Hi.

Same problem here, could connect via VisibleTesla last night, but today no luck on both VisibleTesla and to different Iphones.

Changed my password, and can login at teslamotors.com but get a username/password error on both VisibleTesla and iPhone.

/Martin

Hi.

Same problem here, could connect via VisibleTesla last night, but today no luck on both VisibleTesla and to different Iphones.

Changed my password, and can login at teslamotors.com but get a username/password error on both VisibleTesla and iPhone.

/Martin

I've been having the exact same problem since about 11:00PM PDT. Did the password change too, thinking maybe I'd misremembered it. Glad I'm not alone. Kind of...