Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MyTesla phone app - can't connect

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For the past month, I've had the "waking car" message whenever I try to connect to the car when it is using my home wifi. If the car is on 3G, I connect fine with the app.
I've started turning off the wifi in the car when I get home so that it uses the 3G connection since I thought it was my home wifi causing the problem.

im also getting the "trying to wake up car"...i have android. have closed app and reopened. this used to work like a charm but now the center icon just spins and spins....sigh

I have had my ModelS for about 2 weeks now...in the last few days my Android phone refuses to connect to the car over 4G. When on the same wifi network it works great, but over the cell networks I cannot connect at all!

I've been having this issue continuously in the past few days using Android 5.1.1 on Nexus 5.
It reports that it cannot connect to MyTesla right away, so it seems to be a connectivity problem between phone and the server, it does not even get to the point of trying to contact the car.

I've been having this issue continuously in the past few days using Android 5.1.1 on Nexus 5.
It reports that it cannot connect to MyTesla right away, so it seems to be a connectivity problem between phone and the server, it does not even get to the point of trying to contact the car.

Have you rebooted the displays recently? that fixed me when I had this issue recently...the car actually lost the 4G connection and a reboot fixed it.
Also
I commonly have to launch the tesla app, almost immediately hit the back button, then launch again....seems to work reliably for me (samsung galaxy 4S)

Have you rebooted the displays recently? that fixed me when I had this issue recently...the car actually lost the 4G connection and a reboot fixed it.
Also
I commonly have to launch the tesla app, almost immediately hit the back button, then launch again....seems to work reliably for me (samsung galaxy 4S)

I tried rebooting both the car console and the phone, no difference. Same problem regardless of using Wifi or 4G.
The error popup keeps coming up in an infinite loop, as soon as I OK it, the next second it pops up again, I have no time to enter password into the login screen.

I tried rebooting both the car console and the phone, no difference. Same problem regardless of using Wifi or 4G.
The error popup keeps coming up in an infinite loop, as soon as I OK it, the next second it pops up again, I have no time to enter password into the login screen.

wow, that does sound odd. I would uninstall and then reinstall the app on the phone...if that doesn't work look for dependent apps that may have issues on your phone.

Wow.
I ran into this on multiple (android) devices, all of which previously worked fine, all of which suddenly got stuck with the "unable to connect to mytesla" error.
Each device needed the app to be uninstalled and reinstalled for it to work again on that device. Strange, but it worked.

I've had the MS since May with an Android phone. Installed/uninstalled app a few times with no help. when I click on APP, I get a spinning wheel, nothing happens. As mentioned before, I found that if I hit the back button, then re-launch APP immediately, it works every time! You want to initially see a RED SCREEN with the Tesla T, then the wheel will spin for a moment, then the APP opens. A Cool APP it is!