Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MyQ opens my closed garage door when pulling away

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My husband’s new S, when it’s parked outside of our single car garage (other car is in the garage), and leaves the driveway but the garage door was already in a closed position, will trigger and open when leaving thus leaving my garage door wide open when he’s gone. I’ve seen him fiddle with some settings on screen but it’s not working.

Is there something he’s missing or I can fix cause he seems to think it’s okay to leave my garage door wide open when he leaves the property and I live in a busy urban area prone to breakins and theft.

I have MyQ it closes automatically after 5 minutes but I’d prefer it doesn’t do this and not send a signal when leaving.

The cars alternate parking inside the garage and isn’t consistent. Should this feature just be disabled or is there something he’s missing.

Never seen that with my MyQ. I’m always impressed it knows the status of the garage door when I’m within range. Early on, I came home and my wife was standing under the open garage door. Scared me but the car knew it was already open and did nothing.

Do you have an add on box or is this a MyQ GDO?

On the screen in the Tesla does the door say OPEN when it’s really closed?

Last edited:
Do you have either of these boxes checked in the Homelink settings? I unchecked both because my S would sometimes open or close the garage door when I did not want it to.

Attachments

• 1hl.jpg
    1hl.jpg
    321 KB · Views: 43
Reactions: DerbyDave