Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My teen son wants a new Civic/Corolla Hybrid but I want him to get a new/used RWD 3 ~ same price.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Teens and Tesla’s don’t mix well.

I saw that too, Key thing is a joyride, but also they all walked away with minor injuries. Cars are replaceable, my son isn't. Also he is very cautious
That would be my biggest deciding factor. My kid's school does have two charging stations, but they are old, slow J chargers and there's a two hour limit. And they aren't anywhere near the dorms. I could see him hating electric vehicles real fast. And after college I can see my son moving into an apartment and having to do all charging at superchargers. Again, not ideal. That's why we got him a gas car. He can always get an electric car as his next car if he wants.

Did you look at PHEVs?

I haven't found many good options there below $30k (Prime comes close but he doesn't like the space age looks) Corolla dealer did call back and looks like they'll back down to $27K MSRP w/o options so that might win out.

I must say give me a brake, in my day it was roadrunner, superbee and
charger and lets not forget mustang/cobra. Not many old folks drove them.
Hemi's and burnouts and lots of tickets. Had a super race cam in one of my
cars. A burnout in a Tesla, no way.. Never got a ticket.

Reactions: brkaus