Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My experience with buying an inventory car

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wonder if you could take the seats out and sell them to make up for whatever credit you might have received under the old policy?

Who would I sell them to? There are structural differences in the back hatch specifically for the rear seats... it's not like they can be installed in any MS (as far as I understand). So the only people with cars that can have them installed are people who already have them, or the very few people who ordered an Inventory car, had the seats removed for a credit, but then changed their minds. I'm sure that group has zero members!

There's a guy over in the TM forums that's wanting to buy rear seats. His car came with the reinforcements, but no seat. AFAIK he has not found any seats yet, so check with him.

When I got my inventory car last week the Tesla guy said inventory cars are drying up because there's a new policy that a loaner/demo has to be in service at least 3 months before it can be sold as inventory.

Edit: Her's the link Want to buy: Rear facing seats | Forums | Tesla Motors

Who would I sell them to? There are structural differences in the back hatch specifically for the rear seats... it's not like they can be installed in any MS (as far as I understand). So the only people with cars that can have them installed are people who already have them, or the very few people who ordered an Inventory car, had the seats removed for a credit, but then changed their minds. I'm sure that group has zero members!

Early production cars came with the reinforcements built-in even if the rear seats weren't installed.

There's a guy over in the TM forums that's wanting to buy rear seats. His car came with the reinforcements, but no seat. AFAIK he has not found any seats yet, so check with him.

When I got my inventory car last week the Tesla guy said inventory cars are drying up because there's a new policy that a loaner/demo has to be in service at least 3 months before it can be sold as inventory.

Edit: Her's the link Want to buy: Rear facing seats | Forums | Tesla Motors

I'm one of those folks too (my VIN is low 5000s and before cut-off so my car came built with reinforcements), although I'm not ready to buy the rear-facing seats yet since my kids won't be big enough for them for a little while. But eventually I will post a want add when they are and see what comes of it.

I'm one of those folks too (my VIN is low 5000s and before cut-off so my car came built with reinforcements), although I'm not ready to buy the rear-facing seats yet since my kids won't be big enough for them for a little while. But eventually I will post a want add when they are and see what comes of it.

These seats are truly MONEY. Every single parent that sees them during kiddie drop off practically drools all over them. Plus they are handy for separating feuding kids :eek: