Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

More aggressive (sooner) supercharge taper on latest firmware?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Who knows?

This adds maybe 10-15 minutes more per SC on highway trips...

One thing not caught in the graph is charging TIME

I'd like to see the impact on lengthening the charge time to a given SOC (say 80% because there should be a ton of data on this target)

taper_time.png

I saw my car taper down to 90kw at 28% today... I had Been driving very very hard prior to that, though, so the battery may have already been hot. This was about 5 minutes after plugging in.

In other news, a P85 at 35% SOC can pace a Mustang GT 5.0 from 60 up to about 100... twice... with some extended time near 130 as well... in a place... :rolleyes:

50.2 here too. And tested supercharging at VERY low temps of minus 13 F.

That removes the hot handle problem.

I got 118kw at start (5%) up to about 20%, then fell back to 100kw at 30%, and then slowly went to 70kw at 60%, 50kw or so at 80%.

Looking back, it looks like 10,000 miles ago I was getting 103KW at 29%. This was at 58,000 miles. I'm now at just over 69,000 miles and 30% is 99KW for me. 43% used to be 82KW and is now 80KW. Are we really losing ~2KW at any given SOC for every 10,000 miles?

Also interesting is that my car's charger cannot charge my battery above 96%, yet if I give a Supercharger 2 hours it'll gladly go to 100%...

I've got the same pattern as you. 55 000 miles here. Though I get 100kw at 30%, with less mileage. Maybe it s more related to the firmware version rather than mileage?

Looking back, it looks like 10,000 miles ago I was getting 103KW at 29%. This was at 58,000 miles. I'm now at just over 69,000 miles and 30% is 99KW for me. 43% used to be 82KW and is now 80KW. Are we really losing ~2KW at any given SOC for every 10,000 miles?

Also interesting is that my car's charger cannot charge my battery above 96%, yet if I give a Supercharger 2 hours it'll gladly go to 100%...

Pretty sure Tesla has fixed the hot handle issue as I did not experience it at all. If you are still observing it, it might be worth pulling out the HV socket connectors from the charge port and giving them a good clean. Service centers should include this inspection with annual service, IMO.

Here is one of my supercharging chart:
SuC-Panjin.png

Data recorded by Scan My Tesla.
Changing power is on the left axis and others are on the right.
Changing power is negative and the shape is always like this (for >8 charts).
SOC is equivalent to that of the dash.
SOC UI is equivalent to SOC of TM-spy.
Temperatures are in degree C.
The jumps of DC-DC current relates to the cooling of the battery.
My X 100D is of July 2017 build and firmware is/was 2017.50.3

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: David99
Here is one of my supercharging chart:
View attachment 278217
Data recorded by Scan My Tesla.
Changing power is on the left axis and others are on the right.
Changing power is negative and the shape is always like this (for >8 charts).
SOC is equivalent to that of the dash.
SOC UI is equivalent to SOC of TM-spy.
Temperatures are in degree C.
The jumps of DC-DC current relates to the cooling of the battery.
My X 100D is of July 2017 build and firmware is/was 2017.50.3

What software do you use to do the graph?