Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y failed annual inspection due to brake pads/rotors needing replacement!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If the shop says replace them…then replace them…no one wants to get into an accident after you were told your brakes are defective
Yeah, but after 12K miles? If the brake pads/rotors actually need replacement that soon, then something is seriously wrong (probably a warranty issue). I would definitely take this to Tesla for a second opinion.

It's either a warranty issue or the inspection shop is trying to scam the OP and should be reported.

Update: Tesla verified there's nothing wrong with the pads/rotors (as we assumed all along).
I'm shocked!

Actually I just had my Tesla in for an inspection myself just the other day and the guys there kidded around with me asking if I needed an oil change, telling me they'd have me out in 45 minutes, and letting me know they found the problem with my car: it had no gas in it. They were lighthearted enough about it, but I do feel a bit bad for these shops in that the only thing I go to them for is an inspection for which they get a measly $13.60 (for gas cars, an inspection runs about $30 I think), and they get no other business from me, so yeah, if they see the writing on the wall, they're probably not too happy with EVs.

Oh no, it is an option on my SR+ M3 but I believe you're right and it has been removed for the Model Y. I suppose you can use the Brake Burnishing mode in the Service Menu but that's not so convenient.
Well I have a 2018 Model 3 (LR RWD though) and it's been gone for years (unless they just moved it somewhere and I can't find it). Odd that it would be an option on a very specific model!