Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y Driving with FSD Accident

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I met so many people saying FSD/autonomous is a scam or a failure. I asked them did anybody accomplish FSD yet? If not how do we know it's a scam or can't be done. One has to look/study the history of aviation. Who would ever believe in 1850s that humans could fly in the next 100 years. FSD is challenging b/c cars move fast, landscape are chaotic and the worst is human beings are distracted but technology has advanced manifold. Don't ever try to draw conclusion too early.😭😭

I don’t get it. If FSD is on and I have to have my hands on the wheel and stay alert to correct any FSD shortcomings, I’d just as soon drive. FSD is an incomplete product which is fun to play with or impress your friends, nothing more at this point.
“I don’t get it. Cruise control is on but I still need to pay attention and adjust the speed when the speed limit changes. I’d just as soon drive. Cruise control is an incomplete product, nothing more at this point.”

I just drove 2 ½ hours home from our cabin. FSD drove the entire way with the exception of when I stopped to charge. All I had to do was pay attention. I had no friends in the car to impress but I still enjoyed a very relaxing drive that was much less work than driving myself. TO each their own but I get plenty of use out of it.

“I don’t get it. Cruise control is on but I still need to pay attention and adjust the speed when the speed limit changes. I’d just as soon drive. Cruise control is an incomplete product, nothing more at this point.”

I just drove 2 ½ hours home from our cabin. FSD drove the entire way with the exception of when I stopped to charge. All I had to do was pay attention. I had no friends in the car to impress but I still enjoyed a very relaxing drive that was much less work than driving myself. TO each their own but I get plenty of use out of it.
Prior to my Model Y, I had driven other cars with adaptive cruise and lane keeping. The lane keeping on most other cars is not that great but even if I only used adaptive cruise, on a long boring drive (such as I-5 in CA) my fatigue level dropped by at least 50%. I still had to pay attention. There is value to this. It's only when people take it too far and no longer pay attention, they are putting blind faith into tech that is not mature.

I've found that Tesla's autopilot (not FSD) is pretty darn good for its intended purpose. I've never used FSD or FSDb and if I ever did, it would probably only be on controlled roads such as a freeway.

Reactions: rlsd and sleepydoc
I tried TACC and AutoSteer yesterday when I hit stop and go traffic on a stretch of highway that’s always congested. I thought both worked well. I wouldn’t bet my life on AutoPilot but it made life better during that stretch of tedious driving. Once we were passed the congestion I took back control; the car is fun to drive :)

I have not yet tried FSD (beta) though I do have 3 months of it. Part of me just doesn’t trust it and part of me is afraid if I try it I’ll want to buy it (and that’s going to be 1/3 of the price I paid for the whole car).

I don’t get it. If FSD is on and I have to have my hands on the wheel and stay alert to correct any FSD shortcomings, I’d just as soon drive. FSD is an incomplete product which is fun to play with or impress your friends, nothing more at this point.
I don't pay for FSD to impress my friends. I would not let my friends ride with me either. Why should I look for trouble?

Regardless, every opinion counts.