Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Tally

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sounds like everyone agrees, but are just going about looking at it in different ways. The only difference is a definition. Everything else is agreed upon on both sides. I see both sides point and can make a sound argument for both, either individually or collectively.
My prototypes are always working flawlessly when I drive them, sh^t usually happens when people start using them. I tell them, NO! don't do that, no ready yet ;)

But we are saying the same thing, we know it will be a success, most people don't. That's why I think people will realize it's real only when the S is out in the wild.

And the Model X tally will go to the roof.

And we're back on topic.

For comparison, here are the simple extrapolations I've posted on the TM site:

Model X
Projected total reservations by end 2013:

(988*690)/49 = 13,913

:D
Model S
Projected cumulative reservations by end June 2012, and Dec. 2012, using uncorrected count, and taking Apr. 27/09 as start date:

June 30 (11,703*1,192)/1,111 = 12,556
Dec. 31 (11,703*1,376)/1,111 = 14,494
(Incl. deliveries)

:D

Last edited:
Yep. I'm totally stoked to see what happens to X (and S for that matter) reservations once the S starts getting delivered to customers and are performing well.
Yes, note that in my simple linear extrapolation above, there's less than 2000 res'n increase between June 30 and Dec. 31. I expect that spread to explode once Ses are out and about!
And the same with Model X; that's going to be a very interesting number to watch.

Last edited:
From the shareholder letter:

In addition, we also took about 1,000 Model X reservations during the quarter, after its successful introduction in February. We don’t plan to make quarterly Model X reservation updates until next year, when Model X becomes a greater focus of our marketing activities.

The spam error means there is a problem with your account (I had this happen to me). If you e-mail Tesla or your Tesla advisor, they will fix it. Might take a couple of weeks though. There seems to be a problem when creating a new account.

The spam error means there is a problem with your account (I had this happen to me). If you e-mail Tesla or your Tesla advisor, they will fix it. Might take a couple of weeks though. There seems to be a problem when creating a new account.
Same with me. I sent an email to my sales person and she sent the email to the IT people. It was fixed in less than three hours.