Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Tally

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I occasionally went to the "upgrade" page just for a look. Now the button is gone. :eek:

I saved a screen capture for you... just in case.
Upgrade Reservation  Tesla Motors - Google Chrome 3202014 23916 PM.bmp.jpg

I am actually rather amazed that the Model X Signature sold out after all, considering the rude awakening us Model S Signature owners got. :wink:

I still love my Sig Red car, but there were quite some issues with it...

While we will never know, it would be interesting to know how many Roadster and/or MS Sigs are SigX holders

That's some real news. I occasionally went to the "upgrade" page just for a look. Now the button is gone. :eek: So, what were the cut offs? and also, why? I mean they had to stop somewhere, but the #s seem arbitrary. ML

There are 1,200 North American Signature slots. They stop when the Sig Reservation # minus the number of known cancellations equals 1200. As noted, before the end of the year there are sure to be some more who cancel and ask for their deposit, and names will come from the waitlist to fill them.

They may also be using the Model S cancellation rates to oversubscribe a bit (knowing that when the time comes to configure the car there will be people who decide against it for whatever reason).

What issues? Should I worry about the X signature?

No, you should not. The difference now is that Tesla has designed, produced and delivered tens of thousands of cars made on their own line in their own factory, by their own team. None of that was true just a couple short years ago. There will still be growing pains because there is so much more growing to do, but the early Model Xs will benefit immensely from the simple fact that Tesla now knows how to build cars - from scratch. Thanks Model S Sig owners !!

ps: if you still feel like worrying . . . sure hope they nail down that AWD, oh & the FWDs (the doors):love: ML

No, you should not. The difference now is that Tesla has designed, produced and delivered tens of thousands of cars made on their own line in their own factory, by their own team. None of that was true just a couple short years ago. There will still be growing pains because there is so much more growing to do, but the early Model Xs will benefit immensely from the simple fact that Tesla now knows how to build cars - from scratch. Thanks Model S Sig owners !!

ps: if you still feel like worrying . . . sure hope they nail down that AWD, oh & the FWDs (the doors):love: ML

Thank you! You're right about the two new features. Also, just found out then when you have to replace one tire on an AWD vehicle, you have to replace all four. Never Knew that, but we don't currently have anything that is AWD.

Also, wondering if we were the last signature. Made the reservation Tuesday evening, Wednesday night they where closed. Anyone have a number higher than 1352?

Also, wondering if we were the last signature. Made the reservation Tuesday evening, Wednesday night they where closed. Anyone have a number higher than 1352?

1356 is the highest siqnature number listed on the Model X Tally thread:

Model X Tally

Even if you were the last, once the std. vs. sig. configurations and pricing are announced, inevitably some sig folks will opt for production, instead, to be replaced by those on a sig waiting list. That's what happened with the S.

I'm hoping now that the sig list is filled, the invites will go out soon to a final Beta reveal event at the factory with test rides? Or maybe not. I ran into a Tesla factory employee at the Fremont Whole Foods (she was wearing a logo jacket) about 2 weeks ago who commented (after I said Elon Musk seems to be a perfectionist in a good way): "they keep calling us asking for another version of one Model X part or another". At least Elon can announce during the Q1 analyst call that "Model X Signature's for North America are now sold out".

My ML 350 Bluetec lease expires end of May, so I just got Daimler finance to give me a 6 month extension to end of Nov. With P#83 I figure I may have to drive my back-up vehicle for 2-3 months at most depending on the X ramp-up.

Last Tuesday night, I made the reservation, by Wed. morning the link was gone. When I saw that, I called HQ to make sure that we actually had a reservation. He told me that they were going to top out at around 900 signature reservations, and it would be 1st qtr 2015 before we saw any deliveries.

We definitely want to be part of the test drive event for the reservations holders. This will be hubby's car and I will get the S. He's not absolutely sold on styling just based on the website photos.

It would have been fun to tell the kids we were the last ones but it really doesn't matter, as long as we got in under the wire.

Thanks for the info.

Model X Tally

Even if you were the last, once the std. vs. sig. configurations and pricing are announced, inevitably some sig folks will opt for production, instead, to be replaced by those on a sig waiting list. That's what happened with the S.

I'm hoping now that the sig list is filled, the invites will go out soon to a final Beta reveal event at the factory with test rides? Or maybe not. I ran into a Tesla factory employee at the Fremont Whole Foods (she was wearing a logo jacket) about 2 weeks ago who commented (after I said Elon Musk seems to be a perfectionist in a good way): "they keep calling us asking for another version of one Model X part or another". At least Elon can announce during the Q1 analyst call that "Model X Signature's for North America are now sold out".

My ML 350 Bluetec lease expires end of May, so I just got Daimler finance to give me a 6 month extension to end of Nov. With P#83 I figure I may have to drive my back-up vehicle for 2-3 months at most depending on the X ramp-up.

I just noticed you are reservation #83. Did you make your reservation during the X rollout event in 2012?

Model X Tally

#8885 today (4/2/14) and enjoying the anticipation of it all! On the phone with Tesla, they said deliveries still scheduled to start "late this year" and that would put my order sometime in Spring '15. I know this is likely to slip, but in no hurry.