Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Pending Deliveries - Postponed due to Firmware / Software Issues?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Guess this is why everyone has been delayed?

Guess the hold was due to a recall that was announced today. For autopilot

I noticed the article say "The software remedy began rolling out on Tuesday, and NHTSA said the remaining impacted vehicles would receive the update “at a later date.”" - Can someone who has experience with owning Tesla's explain why all vehicles can't receive the update at the same time? What's the purpose of a "Later Date?" I get this bad feeling that my vehicle waiting for delivery will be some "later date" lol. Can't catch a break.

It appears so---but why is Tesla halting the sale of ONLY MS and MX??? Is autopilot different on S and X vs 3 & Y??? Why stop the sale now when my 2020 MS currently have both, autopilot and FSD??? Hmmm.... If anyone has a conjecture or an answer, please post.

I've heard no mention of new 3/Y delayed recently. Wouldn't that affect them too? Not sure that's the cause for this delay.

Reactions: SistaBigBones
I've heard no mention of new 3/Y delayed recently. Wouldn't that affect them too? Not sure that's the cause for this delay.
this article states all 4 models were affected. I did not really see anything on the 3's and Y's on delays, maybe due to them being pumped out way more than the X and S? We have guys here waiting 3-5 months to get an S or X while the 3 and Y owners are waiting what? like 3-5 hours after placing an order to get their car lol? I'm sure the 3 and Y get updates asap as that's Tesla's bread and butter. My assumption.

I noticed the article say "The software remedy began rolling out on Tuesday, and NHTSA said the remaining impacted vehicles would receive the update “at a later date.”" - Can someone who has experience with owning Tesla's explain why all vehicles can't receive the update at the same time? What's the purpose of a "Later Date?" I get this bad feeling that my vehicle waiting for delivery will be some "later date" lol. Can't catch a break.
i believe this is to prevent a mass fleetwide issue IF a problem was to come up on a firmware update. Tesla will update cars in batches and make sure that firmware is working as intended and then roll them forwards slowly. Imagine updating every single car across the planet at the same time with a firmware that had a bad coding logic which resulted in the cars getting bricked (not likely but for example purposes). World War 3 would unleash haha. Every other EV company would become billionaires over night.

Reactions: Blue's Dad
this article states all 4 models were affected. I did not really see anything on the 3's and Y's on delays, maybe due to them being pumped out way more than the X and S? We have guys here waiting 3-5 months to get an S or X while the 3 and Y owners are waiting what? like 3-5 hours after placing an order to get their car lol? I'm sure the 3 and Y get updates asap as that's Tesla's bread and butter. My assumption.
UI / UX on the X and S are different than on the 3, what with two HUDs. Presumption is that has something to do with it given the difference in how the car can notify the driver.

Reactions: SunnySideUp
I haven’t driven the x on the highway since driving it home
Thanks. Presumably the recall changes are more focused on "misuse" situations which some feared could mean not allowing Autosteer off the highway or could just mean there's a larger alert that shows up when engaging. Of course, if you're not familiar with using Autosteer off highways, no need to push things as it indeed can be dangerous. Perhaps a simple check is does the Autosteer gray icon even appear when waiting at a traffic light behind other vehicles?

Guess this is why everyone has been delayed?

But why isn't everyones orders held up? I picked up my MX on Saturday. There was no delays. But I wonder why that is? 🤔

It appears so---but why is Tesla halting the sale of ONLY MS and MX??? Is autopilot different on S and X vs 3 & Y??? Why stop the sale now when my 2020 MS currently have both, autopilot and FSD??? Hmmm.... If anyone has a conjecture or an answer, please post.
But why isn't everyones orders held up? I picked up my MX on Saturday. There was no delays. But I wonder why that is? 🤔
Showoff! 😡😤😜

Showoff! 😡😤😜
I'm super grateful mine did not get delayed I would of thrown a whole fit. 😂😂But I don't understand why mine wasn't delayed. Maybe they didn't want to give me the update. 🤷🏽‍♀️🤣🚩🚩

I'm glad they knew better. 😂😂 Now I sit here with no MX while it's having a spa week getting tinted, wrapped, and ppf on the front 😩😩
I know this is tough lol. I did the same. Soon as I picked up the MX, I drove it straight to the PPF installer for the front along with driver and pass window tinting and windshield tinting. A couple days later I had her back safe and sound in my garage awaiting some new shoes 😎😎

• Love
Reactions: SistaBigBones
Final Update: Picked up MX today, they were able to squeeze my Friday appointment in today. They are burning the midnight oil to push them out the door.

Close call with the FUSC transfer. Since I bought out the old MX lease, it was setup with a manual FUSC Docusign. They had to join the 2 back together to make the Trade-In pass the FUSC along. I got an email confirmation that the transfer completed. Whew!

Final Update: Picked up MX today, they were able to squeeze my Friday appointment in today. They are burning the midnight oil to push them out the door.

Close call with the FUSC transfer. Since I bought out the old MX lease, it was setup with a manual FUSC Docusign. They had to join the 2 back together to make the Trade-In pass the FUSC along. I got an email confirmation that the transfer completed. Whew!
And yet I'm still being told I probably won't receive my until next week... Ugh!