Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Pending Deliveries - Postponed due to Firmware / Software Issues?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Figured I would start a new dedicated thread since this topic has been mentioned on a few of the other threads today already.

Recap: A few of us have had our delivery appointments pushed until at least next week due to error messages on the car as the Delivery Teams have been prepping them. It’s odd because it’s taking days to diagnose…with no actual fix prescribed for the time being. It could be software or firmware.

Curious how many of us are in this boat together.

Figured I would start a new dedicated thread since this topic has been mentioned on a few of the other threads today already.

Recap: A few of us have had our delivery appointments pushed until at least next week due to error messages on the car as the Delivery Teams have been prepping them. It’s odd because it’s taking days to diagnose…with no actual fix prescribed for the time being. It could be software or firmware.

That's a much better option to let Tesla fix the car pre-delivery than to take it home as is then call Service Center to fix it post-delivery.

Got my MSLR VIN on Tuesday. Scheduled Friday pickup and this afternoon received this message. Then 10 minutes later if gave me a chance to reschedule with the earliest available time on Sunday evening. I asked if the car is not there or they need to fix something, but unclear as they haven’t replied. I’m in Los Angeles. Hoping it has some great new feature like bumper cam they need to adjust lol but not holding my breath.

“Hi xyz, we apologize for the inconvenience, we are unable to complete your Model S pick up tomorrow. We have canceled tomorrow's appointment and will reach out in the next few days to reschedule. We appreciate your understanding and deeply apologize for the inconvenience.

I was supposed to pickup in Carlsbad, CA today (12/08) a PF428 but got delayed to next week. They told me the reason is they are waiting for a firmware update that was not installed in factory. It might just be that the initial firmware flash moved to Service Centers from the factory to speed up production.

I'm supposed to pick up in Burbank on Sunday, so far no delay, they actually texted me yesterday to take the car earlier since it was on site
Yeah I got the same text, and scheduled for a day earlier. In that day's morning I got another text that they cancelled my appointment. They told me over the phone that the car on site text is automated.

Reactions: 0Q991

Pu @ Marina del Rey tomorrow, Saturday, now delayed tentatively moved to Sunday, 10th! My VIN 425

Reactions: jojobeans
Actually Sunday of this week, but they told me it's most likely be rescheduled again
just got off with CS - they called Burbank directly and they said they were going to keep the containment hold until Monday, BUT Burbank hasn't reached out to me to reschedule, the CS rep also told me that all SC are different, he said San Diego was going to release their containment hold tomorrow... I pressed him on why different SC's had different policies and he said he had no idea.

I guess I'll just wait to see when Burbank reaches out to me...