Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Advice on Accepting or Rejecting Model X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey everyone. Thanks for the input. To clarify a few things - I have not accepted the car yet. I was allowed to fully inspect it (interior and exterior) before accepting it.

Tesla is offering to fix the issues by replacing the front bumper (that would address the 2 paint chips and side bumper fit to body), replace the 2nd row seat, and replace the window weather seals in question.

The car was manufactured May 30,2023. Is that a red flag? I’m surprised it was sitting around this long.

They say there is no history of damage during transport in the records.

I did confirm the odometer was at 12 miles.

There are no other cars matching the config I want in the system.

To me the issues found are not acceptable on a new car. But I also feel they are easily fixable. So the question is do I accept the car under the condition that they fix it so I can take advantage of the FSD transfer? If it weren’t for the FSD transfer I’d be inclined to wait for a config that had 20” wheels… there was 1 in FL I was trying to get them to transfer to VA (cause apparently as a VA resident i HAVE to take delivery in VA) but they dragged their feet and now it’s gone.

Zero other new car dealers would ask that you accept a vehicle in this condition. The fact that so many customers accept defective vehicles allows them to continue to deliver them this way without addressing the root causes. I would reject this vehicle. They attempted to home deliver a vehicle with similar issues to me, plus a cracked windshield. They said take it up with service. I stupidly returned my new vehicle for repairs and they kept it for three months. When they finally admitted they couldn't fix all the damage, they replaced the vehicle. Not a pleasant experience.

Hey everyone. Thanks for the input. To clarify a few things - I have not accepted the car yet. I was allowed to fully inspect it (interior and exterior) before accepting it.

Tesla is offering to fix the issues by replacing the front bumper (that would address the 2 paint chips and side bumper fit to body), replace the 2nd row seat, and replace the window weather seals in question.

The car was manufactured May 30,2023. Is that a red flag? I’m surprised it was sitting around this long.

They say there is no history of damage during transport in the records.

I did confirm the odometer was at 12 miles.

There are no other cars matching the config I want in the system.

To me the issues found are not acceptable on a new car. But I also feel they are easily fixable. So the question is do I accept the car under the condition that they fix it so I can take advantage of the FSD transfer? If it weren’t for the FSD transfer I’d be inclined to wait for a config that had 20” wheels… there was 1 in FL I was trying to get them to transfer to VA (cause apparently as a VA resident i HAVE to take delivery in VA) but they dragged their feet and now it’s gone.
It’s a red flag if it has been sitting since May 30,2023. That’s a full 4 months and you’re likely not getting the matrix headlights. I believe June 2023 and on is when they started installing matrix headlights in all the model x’s.

You’re already missing features compared to new ones built in the last several months or so. To me that is an instant reject because of that reason.

Now if the car had matrix headlights I would reconsider.

Last edited: