Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Mule Sightings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The blue one is the latest version. The black one posted is an older (beta?) model.

Thanks for posting the photos FlatSix911.

But I agree with timf, I think this last photo is of an older mule. Doesn't have the chrome trim across the back and missing the Tesla logo on the trunk. I agree that the tail lights are also the older style. Probably old paint job too, not from the new facility.

At this point it's really just harder and harder for anyone to continue to believe that there is some secret completely new version of the X coming to blow our minds. What we are seeing with these latest "spy" shots are just a much more refined version of the mules we've been seeing for months and months.
Love it or hate it, the final X has been hiding right under our noses since day one.

Exciting to see all these new photos. FlatSix, here's a lightened version of your door photo...

IMG_20150819_203254.jpg

All in all, not an enormous change from the prototype profile... better running lights, smaller nose cone.

View attachment 91199

Precisely what I've been saying all along. Tesla production vehicle exteriors differ only slightly from the prototypes. It's the interior that's changed and kept secret. There never was a secret Model X with different body panels. I have no idea where that crazy claim ever originated.

At least we know the X will have the same styling cues for the dash and interior door trim as the S for the most part. The only real unknown now are the second row seats and whatever other technical bits they're going to add (next ten auto pilot). Led lights seem a given too.

Im somewhat disappointed the nose cone is still there and still black. I was hoping they were going to take the opportunity to give the X a facelift that would propagate to the S.

- - - Updated - - -

Ok, I did another drive by and here a few new photos with minimal camouflage

View attachment 91150View attachment 91151View attachment 91152

Jesus dude, the door was open!! I would have parked and nonchalantly went over to look at the Beemer and had the phone on video mode as I walked by to grab a look inside. So many missed opportunities....

Last edited:
Thanks!

From these pictures one can pretty clearly see the rear camera. It also really looks like there's a charge port on the passenger side as well.
One can clearly make out the ultrasonic parking sensors.I wonder what the little silver vent thingy is on the dash in the last picture?

Wait, the windows were down, the door was open, but.... no interior pics. Hmmm

My thoughts exactly. Whaaaat's the deal with these people?

Jesus dude, the door was open!!
I would have parked and nonchalantly went over to look at the Beemer and had the phone on video mode as I walked by to grab a look inside. S
o many missed opportunities....

Thanks for posting the photos FlatSix911.

But I agree with timf, I think this last photo is of an older mule. Doesn't have the chrome trim across the back and missing the Tesla logo on the trunk.
I agree that the tail lights are also the older style. Probably old paint job too, not from the new facility.

Exciting to see all these new photos. FlatSix, here's a lightened version of your door photo...

View attachment 91197

A CUPHOLDER? in the DOOR? Sweet sassy molassy!

Thanks to all for the feedback and rep points.
Perhaps is was not obvious from the photos, but the vehicle was occupied as I approached... a difficult situation for taking interior shots on Tesla property.
Not to worry, I will be trying again ...

Haha, the difference usually is that the reposts are pics that I actually want to see. Having 20x of the same pic posted in 1 post is an edge case. Usually I try to avoid loading large stuff in the Tapatalk app, but LTE downloads are so fast that it is sometimes impossible to swipe back in a forum post quickly enough.

This should come as no surprise. I crassly wrecked some other forum member's post in this thread: http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/show...ht-Wing-Conservatives-Attitudes-Towards-Tesla, and then asked the cheering crowd for points, which they gladly and unexpectedly heaped into my reputation pile.

Thanks. :) Oh well. Human nature!

Thanks to the thread for the new mule shots and especially the door photograph.