Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Matrix LED Lights (Finally)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Mine is a December build which has the matrix light. I got a loaner with the previous lights, and I found out it has corner lights which turns on when you turn the steering wheel. This is a really nice feature that the matrix light don't have. Other than that I can't tell any benefit of the matrix light, the previous one just looks better
bruh you tripppin. the matrix bulbs light output is WAY brighter, cleaner, and wider than the reflectors. Sure it has cornering lights but it's so dim it needs it. The matrix lights brighten up the entire road baby. I'd swap mine out for yours in a second hahah

I know this is an old post but as someone who upgraded their 2020 built model 3 with matrix headlights I was curious about this too. The retrofit was possible in the model 3 due to the wiring harness and plug for the lights being the exact same as the nonmatrix lights. I checked the plug for the matrix model x headlights and it's the same connector that the model 3 uses. But when I unplugged the connector from my 2022 model x it's a totally different plug. Seems to be same plug the pre refresh model x used. Probably the same headlights. So retrofit is not possible as the wiring harness connector for the headlights are different.

Reactions: everydaychris
I know this is an old post but as someone who upgraded their 2020 built model 3 with matrix headlights I was curious about this too. The retrofit was possible in the model 3 due to the wiring harness and plug for the lights being the exact same as the nonmatrix lights. I checked the plug for the matrix model x headlights and it's the same connector that the model 3 uses. But when I unplugged the connector from my 2022 model x it's a totally different plug. Seems to be same plug the pre refresh model x used. Probably the same headlights. So retrofit is not possible as the wiring harness connector for the headlights are different.
Hmm what about 2023 Model X right before matrix headlights? Probably the same plug as 2022?

Nope. The most recent part number for Model X without matrix lights has old connector. They must’ve put in a new front wiring harness in for these lights.
I see, so in order to swap it out, you'd need some wiring harness to convert from old to new connector. i guess?
I probably won't do it, seems like a lot of work in addition to finding someone who can get the gateway config changed.

I see, so in order to swap it out, you'd need some wiring harness to convert from old to new connector. i guess?
I probably won't do it, seems like a lot of work in addition to finding someone who can get the gateway config changed.
Yes but even then the new connector only has 4 wires compared to the old one having 6. I know someone who could change the config for you remotely but I still think it's not possible due to the connector.

Reactions: EightBitWhit