Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

NEW - Matrix LED Adaptive High Beams with Release 2024.8.3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey Ladies and Guys,

hereby some world wide first impressions from Germany how the new Matrix LED (coming up with Update 2024.8) works in a Model Y LR from 06/23 built in Giga Berlin .... LOVELY.

Just sit and enjoy. This update is really worth waiting for:

AND .. I am not a professional YouTuber .... just some videos to get a view :)

Last edited:
Just got mine with 2024.8.7! (Car was on the update list for 2024.8.3 for a fleeting minute and Tesla yanked it away)

The best ive used was a rental Opel with their Intellilux system, because its beam cutouts were so well defined it looks like a stencil

The border definition on the Tesla is a bit vague, but it absolutely works because in a dark country road I get no flashes from opposing traffic meanwhile the surrounding area is lit up high and bright as day!

Reactions: PrGrPa
Used the matrix full beam control update on 2024-04-01 for the first time.

Worked well. You can definitely see the pattern modulate as you move to empty roads and when the car sees reflective signs and other vehicles in near and off side lanes and carriageways.

The pattern changes make for a better night driving experience than the full/dipped switching we had before.

It also seemed better at moving to dipped when entering lit urban streets. The test for me will be its ability to not blind pedestrians and cyclists in poorly lit areas. The previous auto full beam set up did this badly, keeping full beam unless manually dipped.

Seems weird driving along with the blue full beam icon visible yet seeing oncoming traffic. But so few ‘flashes’ from oncoming folks that I assume they were coincidental or possibly from even older drivers than me who seem more sensitive to bright white LED ‘glare’.

A positive software move for Tesla!

Now, perhaps those AI wipers to be made great next?