Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Matrix LED Lights (Finally)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

dragonxt

Oct 26, 2016
Bay Area
From u/IslandHiddenTreasure on Reddit, first photos of Model X and matrix LED headlights. Been following news on this for over a year now, finally in production! I was trying to wait it out but ended up just getting my X in October. I think they look good! Would love to see more pics start coming out.

Screenshot 2023-06-20 at 5.04.30 PM.png

Screenshot 2023-06-20 at 5.04.47 PM.png

So if they were able to put Matrix headlights on Long range model Y's when there was a shortage, it means it's totally possible. If its like a hepa retrofit where someone has to change a setting that the headlights are the matrix headlights I'm not sure.

BUt I'd buy these in a heartbeat and install them myself for sure. Wasn't there a post of a MOdel 3 owner doing it?

Reactions: maytaurustiger
ive never been more jealous of anybody. I will say it looks kinda funny with 2 giant bulbs but im sure light output is amazing
Hey @everydaychris thanks for the reply! I've not run the lightshow yet at dusk to see how it compares to the "TESLA" that my Y (with Matrix) will project, but I'm going to try it and will report back once I do. Based on the angle of the picture I posted, it does look kinda "bulbous" (almost like frog-eyes) but they put out some hella-serious light at night.

Here's a full shot of the vehicle.

1688133638537.png

Not sure how many X's there are here in KY (it's a very uncommon car here.... I will see one X for every 40 Y's, and even then, I don't see hardly any Tesla's by comparison to everything else on the road) but I'm representing as best as I can! :D

And I love your YT channel - I really appreciate the humor and the "everyman" approach. Keep up the good work there!

Last edited:
Hey @everydaychris thanks for the reply! I've not run the lightshow yet at dusk to see how it compares to the "TESLA" that my Y (with Matrix) will project, but I'm going to try it and will report back once I do. Based on the angle of the picture I posted, it does look kinda "bulbous" (almost like frog-eyes) but they put out some hella-serious light at night.

Here's a full shot of the vehicle.

View attachment 952074

Not sure how many X's there are here in KY (it's a very uncommon car here.... I will see one X for every 40 Y's, and even then, I don't see hardly any Tesla's by comparison to everything else on the road) but I'm representing as best as I can! :D

And I love your YT channel - I love the humor and the "everyman" approach. Keep up the good work there!
Thanks for the photo's, any chance of close full head on photo?

Reactions: EightBitWhit
Can we get a zoom out look? I read so where where the new lights was plug and play. Not sure if that’s true. Looking like a $2000+ upgrade.
@Celledral - sure thing, here you go:

1688136302707.png

Please disregard how the front of the vehicle looks - I've now got Track Wrap on the front to protect it while I await my PPF installation.

Thanks for the photo's, any chance of close full head on photo?
@SpoonMXP - sure thing, here you go:

1688136685716.png

Please disregard how the front of the vehicle looks - I've now got Track Wrap on the front to protect it while I await my PPF installation.

Also - if anyone has a suggestion on the best way to "matte black out" the front chrome, please let me know. I DESPISE chrome and want that finish gone. :D

@SpoonMXP - sure thing, here you go:

View attachment 952083

Also - if anyone has a suggestion on the best way to "matte black out" the front chrome, please let me know. I DESPISE chrome and want that finish gone. :D
Just take it off and paint it

Reactions: EightBitWhit
Very Nice! Next Thursday I have an Extended Test Drive with a X so I can bring it home and see if it fits in my garage.

If it fits comfortably, I'm pretty certain Ultra Red/Black interior will be my choice. Plaid of course. :)
Ultra Red and Black (with the Carbon Fiber trim - which IMHO looks amazing) is what I went for and I love it.

And yes - Plaid of course! :D

Reactions: preilly44