Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Garage Measurement Requirements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think just about anyone can open the Model X's falcon wing doors inside their garage if they're willing to back the Model X into their garage. There's 8.5 feet between the front of the Model X and the leading edge of the Falcon Wing Doors and most garage doors are only 7 feet tall (+ 18 inches for the motor).

Unless you have a garage like mine... garage door opening is 6'2", ceiling is 7ft with door and motor coming down to about 6'4", also a big support beam across the whole garage just back from the motor coming down to about 6'6" (of course I make up for it in width and depth... garage was built in 1973, it can house two large early 70s station wagons with room to spare!)

Thanks-
Ok so we have another extended height range estimate of 85-88 in.
That also adds up estimating the first part of the wing measuring approx 20 inches.

If the design has sensors great to avoid dings but I would dislike it if they constantly open significantly less in the normal garage position; but need to plan the remodel soon.
I measured the FWD height at a Meet event in Atlanta last week and got 90" from the floor to the doors highest point.
This was on 20" wheels and standard suspension setting. Give it another 3-4" if you happen to pull in on the highest suspension setting.