Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X build Quality

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had another problem. About 3 months after I bought the car, the buttons on the steering column and the horn sudddenly stopped working. Horn not working is a safety issue and I took it to the service centre. The service guys was nice enough to give me a model X loaner while the issue was getting fixed. 3 weeks later, I got my car back and they claimed to have replaced the steering column control unit. 2 weeks later the problem comes back and I take it back to the service center. This time I cannot get a model X and they give me a model S. I am big guy and it hurt my neck getting in and out of a small model S (the main reason I bought the model X). Anyway this time they replace the airbag unit after 1 week. Problem resurfaces in 2 weeks again. So I go back to the service centre and get a model X loaner (so it was good). This time the replace the airbag unit and add ferrite cores to the controls cables to reduce the EMI that cause the steering controls processor to freeze. The problem has not resurfaced,though the controls are sometimes sluggish. Adding ferrite cores clearly means that EMI/EMC testing was really not done well enough - otherwise they would have found made an cable with integrated ferrite cores....Also, shows that the build quality of my car was not good enought to not need the ferrite cores and showed up as this problem...

• Informative
Reactions: cwerdna