Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X - 20" rims vs. 22" rims

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Test fitting our 21" Model UP-01's for Model S on a Model X

IMG_6560.jpg

The same Model X finished for this year's SEMA Show in Las Vegas with our 22" UP-02's

IMG_7158.jpg
IMG_7119.jpg

Reactions: hiroshiy
No rim damage whatsoever. I'm pretty cautious with them around curbs though as I have curbed wheels before and find it highly unpleasant on par with hearing fingernails on a chalkboard. :eek::p

I have had my rear tires replaced but not because they wore out. At one point I got a strange shimmy I could feel only on the newest, smoothest pavement on the highway at highway speeds. The SvC checked them while in for having other delivery niggles corrected and found that they failed their road force balancing so they replaced them.

I drive in the "Low" suspension setting all the time and realize this may lead to premature tire wear (especially in the rear) so I will keep an eye on that. But since the rear tires have already been replaced I haven't seen any yet.

Oh yeah, I have just over 5000 miles currently. The tires were swapped at ~2500 miles.

Cheers!

I'm considering getting silver with onyx 22's. Do you mind posting a few pics of your car? I've searched almost everywhere and could not find this combination. Thanks for the help!

I'm considering getting silver with onyx 22's. Do you mind posting a few pics of your car? I've searched almost everywhere and could not find this combination. Thanks for the help!
I posted some in here...

Silver Model X Photos

Not surprised you wouldn't have seen that thread though, it was way down on page 15!

Edit: Added some more recent ones "in the wild".

Last edited: