Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X 22" Wheels Genuine vs Aftermarket

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

h2de5

Sep 17, 2023
Sydney
Hi I was looking at a model X to buy and i saw this on car sales - https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/de...l-x-long-range-auto-awd/SSE-AD-15702530/?Cr=0

I have been looking at these for a while and I noticed that all the 2020 and earlier 22 inch rims have the tesla logo in the middle wheel cap as black, and on ebay if you were to buy them as genuine ones they are also black.

> eg. GENUINE TESLA MODEL X TURBINE 22" INCH SATIN BLACK ALLOY WHEELS X4 1027247-00-F | eBay

however the ones on the car above for sale are not, they are silver. I think they are after market ones but the second onwer thinks are they orginial base on the first buyer saying he fit them after he bought the car "directly from Tesla". What do you guys think? is there any way to really know?

I also saw from Germany that these are "genuine" and they seem to be the same as the car advertise. The center cap has the silver logo and the colour around it is not pure black and its some a darker grey... so seems to match the car for sale..???

sorry just a bit confusing... can anyone advise??

Thanks.
From Australia

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-09-25 at 5.29.21 pm.png
    Screenshot 2023-09-25 at 5.29.21 pm.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 36