Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S stuck on the playa

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Buddy of mine forwarded this pic from a friend of his who had to hike out of Burning Man. Apparently the Tesla was being driven by two Italian tourists who thought Tesla All wheel drive would be enough to get them off the flooded Playa.

Wonder what the state of charge was after a week on the Playa. I bet the Hertz cleaning fee is going to be a killer.

Attachments

• IMG_1210.jpeg
    IMG_1210.jpeg
    321 KB · Views: 269
Reactions: dschol
Buddy of mine forwarded this pic from a friend of his who had to hike out of Burning Man. Apparently the Tesla was being driven by two Italian tourists who thought Tesla All wheel drive would be enough to get them off the flooded Playa.

Wonder what the state of charge was after a week on the Playa. I bet the Hertz cleaning fee is going to be a killer.
Yeah, nice. I would also like more details. SOC was probably pretty low with using A/C and camp mode. That's a one way trip.

The owner is gonna have to go retrieve their car from BM? That sucks!
Not if it’s a turo rental, if I’m not mistaken turo will handle retrieval and then bill the renter for the costs.

Middle of nowhere Nevada…not many tow truck companies, I can’t even begin to guess what the cost will be. I guess they can get a company out of sparks to go get it, or maybe fernley, but that’s still quite a drive.

No one in this situation is going to be a happy camper… pun intended.

• Funny
Reactions: gaswalla