Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Plaid Track Package Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks for the detailed reply. I’ve followed your story here, and I’m certainly glad you‘re able to enjoy your upgrade!

I was able to order within minutes on day one, so it’s been quite frustrating for me for a while now. I’ve literally have no idea how many reschedules and different excuses it’s been. And I realized today that even if it was all installed perfectly tomorrow, I just don’t think I care at this point? The excitement and wow factor is completely gone with all of this bs and frustration. I’ve seen a couple of people talking about cancelling and trying to get a refund, but just not sure how difficult that process was for them If they actually went through with it. So mostly trying to decide if I can get rid of this frustrating problem by cancelling or not?
I see how this can suck the life out of you so to speak. There have been times like that for me. My saga still hasn't ended since my last post. It is still sinking a bit. My TPMS sensors and lug nuts were supposedly delivered by USPS while I was gone for a few days even with a mail hold in place. There are times, like now, when the pessimism starts to creep back in. So USPS tracking says they were delivered. I have a locked mailbox that only the postal person and I have a key too. No lugs, and no TPMS were waiting for me when I returned early from my trip. When they delivered my mail today, they weren't with the mail. I checked all my neighbors to see if somehow they got them.

If I hadn't done the brakes, I'd be fine. Here I am, a month later and I still can't really drive my car as I don't have my own wheels on my car. So now I am going back to the vendor to see if they have any info about my TPMS and lugs, as well as chasing the post office. I didn't worry about it too much when it said they were delivered while gone and mail hold in place as the postal person just brought everything later.

Nope, not this time. So I have my nice mail hold document delivered with my mail, and no lugs or TPMS. They were supposed to bring my mail on Monday so I had my tire install schedule for Today. This is after I originally had it scheduled for last week but the hurricane screwed up the shipping.

I am now on my 3rd, soon to be 4th, rescheduling of my tire install. At least I have the wheels and tires ready to go once I get the other stuff. Unfortunately, the tire place is getting backed up and the last time I moved my appointment, I couldn't get it to the next day; it was bumped 2 days. I almost regret not going with the factory wheel option. Then I remember what a cluster that has been for so many. None of this would be as much of an issue if my aftermarket wheels were supposed to fit like I was told they would. I could roll on them until everything else was sorted out.

I have to keep reminding myself these are first-world problems. Still can be a pretty frustrating time. At the rate I am going, you might actually be rolling in yours before I get my TPMS and lugs, and finally have the wheels on the car.

Hope you get yours sorted out quickly.

I have had four appointments cancelled, and while I am disappointed each time it happens, my disappointment gets less and less since I expect the cancellation in advance of it happening.

This said, for me, there is a silver lining on this cloud. The longer it takes for Tesla to install my track package, the more experience my service center gains with respect to the install, and the (hopefully) fewer problems they encounter on my car. I am actually quite fine with Tesla learning on someone else’s car.

Regardless of the silver lining, I have never in all my years of purchasing automobiles, experienced such a Charlie Foxtrot as I see happening at Tesla. There really is no excuse for what has happened, and I feel EXACTLY how I feel when a gate agent tells me:

Dr. West, your flight will only be delayed 30 minutes, we are sorry for the inconvenience.

To which I reply:

Really? 30 minutes? So I will not be standing here in three hours while you tell me that it will only be another 30 minutes?

It is never, EVER, only 30 minutes, but sooner or later, my flight takes off. Sooner or later, I trust I will have a track package installed. :)

Joe

I have had four appointments cancelled, and while I am disappointed each time it happens, my disappointment gets less and less since I expect the cancellation in advance of it happening.

This said, for me, there is a silver lining on this cloud. The longer it takes for Tesla to install my track package, the more experience my service center gains with respect to the install, and the (hopefully) fewer problems they encounter on my car. I am actually quite fine with Tesla learning on someone else’s car.

Regardless of the silver lining, I have never in all my years of purchasing automobiles, experienced such a Charlie Foxtrot as I see happening at Tesla. There really is no excuse for what has happened, and I feel EXACTLY how I feel when a gate agent tells me:

Dr. West, your flight will only be delayed 30 minutes, we are sorry for the inconvenience.

To which I reply:

Really? 30 minutes? So I will not be standing here in three hours while you tell me that it will only be another 30 minutes?

It is never, EVER, only 30 minutes, but sooner or later, my flight takes off. Sooner or later, I trust I will have a track package installed. :)

Joe
Has your service center installed any Track Packs however? Or are they pushing every potential track packer off? If so no experience is being gained.

Is this an Elon thing with all these wild price adjustments? Lol

The brakes alone are now $20k. The brakes plus wheels pkg same price, but currently out of stock.

IMG_2880.png

Not sure about your math, but minus FSD even without the lighter interior up charge, it’s $102,380 or $104,380 with.

IMG_2883.png

I lost about $12k minimum after the discounts, but 1st world coping having bought the brakes at $15k.

I’m curious how long the $20k will last especially for the buyer that’s on the fence today. Gotta love uncle Elon! What a sht show. Lmao

Last edited:
Not sure about your math, but minus FSD even without the lighter interior up charge, it’s $102,380 or $104,380 with.

View attachment 970115

I lost about $12k minimum after the discounts, but 1st world coping having bought the brakes at $15k.

I’m curious how long the $20k will last. Gotta love uncle Elon! Lmao
Strange, they appear to want folks ordering on their mobile to pay more? maybe location based pricing?
1693580394237.png

View attachment 970115

I’m curious how long the $20k will last especially for the buyer that’s on the fence today. Gotta love uncle Elon! What a sht show. Lmao
That’s the old price, the new starting price of the Plaid is 89,990. All the colors are free now.