Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Order & Delivery Tracker - Q1 2014

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Big thumbs up from the kiddos...

It's funny, I decided to try the kid test with one of my friends 3 year old. So we took a road trip over to the nearest supercharger, and she is apparently too practical of a child... First she was yelling at me to slow down, like every time I punched the accelerator... then she was all like, "you are going to need gas!" when we were coming back on the return trip. Me and my friend got a great chuckle out of that one... Trying to explain to a 3 yr old why you don't need gas anymore... haha! Good times!
1982073_713729938679372_260281055_n.jpg

Here is the shot of my first supercharger visit! It was pouring the rain, so I took this one quickly then hurried up into the restaurant.

It's funny, I decided to try the kid test with one of my friends 3 year old. So we took a road trip over to the nearest supercharger, and she is apparently too practical of a child... First she was yelling at me to slow down, like every time I punched the accelerator... then she was all like, "you are going to need gas!" when we were coming back on the return trip. Me and my friend got a great chuckle out of that one... Trying to explain to a 3 yr old why you don't need gas anymore... haha! Good times!

Here is the shot of my first supercharger visit! It was pouring the rain, so I took this one quickly then hurried up into the restaurant.

This was my first weekend with the MS and the 3 kids were constantly battling over who got to sit in the back. They loved it. And the new term in the family is "Dad, do the roller coaster launch!" The big game this weekend was to see how many people they could get to wave back at them.

This was the first weekend in 3 years that we didn't have to touch the Sequoia for the whole weekend! Woohoo!!!

This was my first weekend with the MS and the 3 kids were constantly battling over who got to sit in the back. They loved it. And the new term in the family is "Dad, do the roller coaster launch!" The big game this weekend was to see how many people they could get to wave back at them.

This was the first weekend in 3 years that we didn't have to touch the Sequoia for the whole weekend! Woohoo!!!

Congrats! Glad you have enthusiastic children!!! I just had to get the ONE practical three year old haha! Sounds like you and your family had a blast, I suspect there will be many more trips!

It's day 44 since confirmation and at some point over the last hour or so our Model S went into production! Just over two weeks until it's in our driveway! Can't flipping wait! Woo!

@MassX1317 I've been following your order/wait/etc as you and I were on similar timelines --- I actually felt a twinge of guilt when mine went into production last week! Very happy for you! As predicted, today my dashboard changed to "Production Complete" 4 days after going into production and trust me they were extremely long days but I'm thinking the next 12-17 days are going to be much longer!!!

Did you set a future delivery date? If not, 44 days from confirmation seems to be way above the average ...

How so? He has a normal S85, and we are out of the "March Rush" so things are bound to slow back down again as they start really pushing out the overseas vehicles with greater force. It seems to rubber-band from a little under 2 months to around 3 months... Unless I am missing something here?

How so? He has a normal S85, and we are out of the "March Rush" so things are bound to slow back down again as they start really pushing out the overseas vehicles with greater force. It seems to rubber-band from a little under 2 months to around 3 months... Unless I am missing something here?

I was expecting two months.

With that said, there are several other S85's on the spreadsheet who received their cars in 45 days or less, including others in Massachusetts, that gave me some sort of hope it would be here sooner. There have also been many VINs higher than me, some more than 3000 higher, that hit production prior to me. I was also told a few weeks back that my car would be out of production in March, so I must have been shifted back to squeeze more California deliveries into March. Even through all of that, they will still get me the car in just over 2 months, which isn't bad at all.

It will be interesting to see how the European and Asian markets impact the wait times. I hope demand and growth increase more than capacity, would love for Tesla to become a major player in the industry.

I was expecting two months.

With that said, there are several other S85's on the spreadsheet who received their cars in 45 days or less, including others in Massachusetts, that gave me some sort of hope it would be here sooner. There have also been many VINs higher than me, some more than 3000 higher, that hit production prior to me. I was also told a few weeks back that my car would be out of production in March, so I must have been shifted back to squeeze more California deliveries into March. Even through all of that, they will still get me the car in just over 2 months, which isn't bad at all.

It will be interesting to see how the European and Asian markets impact the wait times. I hope demand and growth increase more than capacity, would love for Tesla to become a major player in the industry.

yeah, that's why I was saying timing in this one is everything. People who ordered in dec/early jean got some of the worst wait times, and I would expect the same/similar results with March/April orders... Although you were like a late Feb right? So I dunno, guess it is a toss up haha! Figuring their system out is almost impossible. I can't wait until they fix their production issues to the point where right after you confirm within a couple days it goes into production. Will make the turn around less than a month for everyone in the US!

96 days since confirmation and still sourcing parts... this takes long

I would assume they would kick in a new batch of Norway cars here soonish. Because they just delivered all the huge backlog they were sitting on. It takes a solid 1 to 2 months to get it to you, so I would guess it would go into production soon.

It's day 44 since confirmation and at some point over the last hour or so our Model S went into production! Just over two weeks until it's in our driveway! Can't flipping wait! Woo!

Yeah finally! Congratz! I've updated your status.

- - - Updated - - -

the status of my order (VIN 34818) changed to "The Tesla Factory is building your Model S" today. it will take up to 60 days until delivery in Tilburg. how exciting!

Congratz! You can watch Megafactories over and over now. ;)
I've updated your status too.

- - - Updated - - -

96 days since confirmation and still sourcing parts... this takes long

Wow! That's a long time, you ordered only three days after me!