Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

Model S - HPWC (High Power Wall Connector)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Brianman,Is your charger installed yet? I know thwey are working on it. Solar hasnt charged me yet either. But I know its coming. Mine is holding up well so far.
My first one was returned to Tesla (exchanged).

My replacement unit was installed two days ago but I haven't used it yet. (More details to follow after I have a chat with Tesla service center folks.)

I'm Sig vin 00912 and took delivery in early December. Based on what I read here it seems like they are delivering pretty much in vin/sequence order. The unit is nicely built and works great (so far)!

No, they're not. :)

I was told mine would be built and shipped on 2/28. I still don't have it.

I see reports of P's in the 3000's getting theirs. Drives me nuts because I could really use it. Calling Ownership is like a lottery. One day you'll get one answer, one day you'll get another. All, unfortunately, seem to have no real information in them and are starting to feel like stalling tactics.

No, they're not. :)

I was told mine would be built and shipped on 2/28. I still don't have it.

I see reports of P's in the 3000's getting theirs. Drives me nuts because I could really use it. Calling Ownership is like a lottery. One day you'll get one answer, one day you'll get another. All, unfortunately, seem to have no real information in them and are starting to feel like stalling tactics.

FlasherZ, I am surprised that you weren't singled out and shipped one of the very first ones, given how much electrical advice you have doled out on this forum.

FlasherZ, I am surprised that you weren't singled out and shipped one of the very first ones, given how much electrical advice you have doled out on this forum.

Thanks. :) I don't expect it, but I wouldn't have complained. Really, I just expected them to be delivered in order. I am assured that the backlog is being cleared by the end of the month.

Thanks. :) I don't expect it, but I wouldn't have complained. Really, I just expected them to be delivered in order. I am assured that the backlog is being cleared by the end of the month.

Well I'm sure you'll hate this, but my HPWC arrived on my doorstep yesterday. Reservation 12645, P05718. Wasn't expecting it at all (I was actually expecting the end of the month). Almost feel guilty having mine when I know others that have been in line much longer than me haven't gotten theirs yet.

Also got the note in the box saying the cable hanger would be delivered separately by the end of February. So either the slip of paper wasn't updated properly, or these have been boxed up since February.

I doubt there is any rhyme or reason to this. All that's left for me on my due bill is the parcel shelf.

Well I'm sure you'll hate this, but my HPWC arrived on my doorstep yesterday. Reservation 12645, P05718. Wasn't expecting it at all (I was actually expecting the end of the month). Almost feel guilty having mine when I know others that have been in line much longer than me haven't gotten theirs yet.

FedEx dropped mine off this morning. Now I have to find time to install it.

Wah! Enjoy it, but you owe us a picture of your installation.... ;-)

My HPWC arrived yesterday (14-Mar-13). I have VIN #03218. Package was left at the door - good thing I checked.

I installed it last night and it worked fine on the 100A circuit. I used the Panduit J-Pro Cable Support as a temporary measure until the cable organizer is available. I also sliced my hand with a box cutter because I was too lazy to get the wire strippers.

2013-03-15 12.15.49.jpg

I can use a second one. If they charged you for it, I would buy it from you....

As they say, "You can never be too thin, too rich or have too many Tesla HPWC". Actually, I need it for another house.

I didn't pay for it -- there was some confusion about my order and it seems an escalation path crossed the production path. Already have a call tag on the way.

(Otherwise I'd be negotiating with a local business for an Interstate-accessible HPWC for charging, for our community...)

I picked up my car yesterday 3/14/13 and the HPWC arrived via fed ex today 3/15/13. Beware of the ides of March I guess. I now need to decide if I should convert my Nema 14-50 or have the electricians run separate lines in case of failure.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I picked up my car yesterday 3/14/13 and the HPWC arrived via fed ex today 3/15/13. Beware of the ides of March I guess. I now need to decide if I should convert my Nema 14-50 or have the electricians run separate lines in case of failure.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Wow, good for you but Tesla is gonna piss some people off who have been waiting for their HPWCs for many months after delivery of their cars. I'm still waiting but just got car on March 7.