Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wall connector: Server Error

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can't seem to find a post similar to my situation, so will post it here.
So I've had the Gen 3 wall connector installed, and charging seems to work. Then I proceeded to add it to my Tesla App which went well (I setup wifi for the charger), but I am getting "Server Error" in the Tesla App - My Home.

I've specifically created a 2.4Ghz wifi just for this charger. So unsure what is going on here, anyone else has seen the same? Cheers in advance.
IMG_3681.PNG

Can't seem to find a post similar to my situation, so will post it here.
So I've had the Gen 3 wall connector installed, and charging seems to work. Then I proceeded to add it to my Tesla App which went well (I setup wifi for the charger), but I am getting "Server Error" in the Tesla App - My Home.

I've specifically created a 2.4Ghz wifi just for this charger. So unsure what is going on here, anyone else has seen the same? Cheers in advance.
View attachment 1046653
I have exactly the same issue appear during a new installation today. It's not something that has appeared for our prior Wall Connectors. Debuggin in progress.

Reactions: hnfmr
To link the app to your wall charger, I believe there is a two step process. First, you must attach to the wall connector using a WiFi Direct connection from your phone to the wall connector not using your home WiFi. This requires you to press the button on the wall connector handle for 5 seconds until it starts broadcasting its own network. Then, you select and attach to that network directly from your phone. Once you complete that process, you must select your home (regular) WiFi network to use the Tesla App and connect to Tesla.

I installed my universal wall connector yesterday (5/12/2024) and was also seeing the 'server error' but the vehicle was charging fine and I could still see the wall connector and charging data in the app so I know it had an internet connection. Just tried again and...it's gone. I didn't do anything.

Reactions: DerbyDave
Of course, I just got my wall charger installed today and I'm seeing the same Server Error, even though it seems that everyone else has it cleared today. I did wonder maybe it wasn't connected on the Internet but I went back into the connector and it made me download the Tesla One app and jump through hoops to look at that again. But it seems to be connected to the Internet and WiFi okay. So I guess maybe something that hasn't cleared for me yet?

I just finished a wall charger install today, ensured it was connected to my wifi and appropriately set in the TeslaOne app and I also have this error.

Hopefully it goes away within 24 hours. If it does, I suspect it is due to a server update that is less than instant.

When you say "appropriate set in the TeslaOne app", what do you mean? My electrician did the install and I provisioned it connecting directly to the web based interface presented at the appropriate IP address. But when I saw the server error, I tried to go back in and it made me use the Tesla One app. I was able to connect that way and see that it was connected to the Internet but I didn't finish all this paperwork junk. I doubt that is part of it though.