Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S - Hitch discussion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
tesla-model-s-mule-with-hitch-628.jpg

There is an article behind the picture at autoblog green too if your interested.

http://green.autoblog.com/2012/04/27/model-x-will-have-excellent-towing-capability-despite-photo-mo/

Ideally we could use an existing attachment point under the car that isn't carrying something critical like the suspension...

I am worried that they will add a tow loop like this to the rear bumper:
bmwbumper.jpg

Instead of tow hooks like this that bolt on to the bottom of the car like the Prius has:
PriusTowHooks.jpg

Prius Hitch-mounted Bike Rack Page

The bolt on tow hooks on the bottom of the car made adding the hitch to the Prius trivial.

I know at one point some early production cars had an attachment for something that looked like it would accommodate roof rack bars. Did these attachments make it to founders or test drive cars?

The Get Amped cars with pano roof all have small openings that reveal mount points for a roof rack. I was told by a rep in the store that this was part of the pano roof design.

We are eagerly awaiting our turn with a Tesla Model S. We just finished the Tesla Roadster hitch. It looks fantastic. We were able to keep the weight of the hitch down to a minimum, and also the hitch is virtually undetectable when not in use. It is 100% frame mounted, no drill, and no welding required. We also supply stainless steel hardware for installation.

The youtube video will be up later this evening if you want to take a look.

Also,

We do have a volunteer lined up here in Washington for the Model S trailer hitch. They will not be receiving their car until sometime in September. We are hoping to be able to use a Model S before the end of August.

If anyone on the forums lives in the Seattle Washington area, we have a deal for you. The first person to bring us their vehicle and leave it with us for 5 business days, will receive a free ecohitch for their model S. We will use their vehicle for all instructions, and video production as well ( license plates removed.) This lucky Model S owner will literally be the very first person in the world to have a production style Ecohitch for their Model S.

If you already have taken delivery of your Model S, and live in the Kent Washington area and are wanting to take us up on this offer. Please DM me or reply on this thread.

Once we have the Model S hitch finished, it will go into production and be ready for shipment. We will be creating a model for each trailer hitch size. 2" and 1.25" sizes.

Thanks,

Torklift Central