Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Frunk Organizer

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've been looking for a frunk organizer for my 2023 MS LR. I carry emergency items, cleaning items, tire inflator, first aid, "hockey pucks", etc in my frunk and, right now, I have things in various bags or containers. I've had an MS since 2017 (2017, 2019, and now 2023) and have always searched for something to help organize my frunk. I've found nothing. In my dreams, I'd place a laser "something" inside the empty frunk to measure the space, and then magically create a container(s) that fills the odd space perfectly. Why has no one created such a container(s)? Sigh...

Reactions: oldsport
Could be that it's considered a crush zone in the event of a collision.
I get that it's a crush zone, but nothing I'm storing would interfere with this function or be "uncrumpable." The earlier Model S vehicles had an option for only a single motor on the rear axle, so they had a larger frunk that could accommodate a spare tire (donut?) and this was frowned upon for the very reason you mention. A spare tire in these earlier Model S frunks would definitely interfere with the crush/crumple zone that is designed to crumple in a collision. Now, with the dual motor vehicles, the frunk is smaller and can nolonger be considered as a location to store a spare tire. In any case, it sure would be nice to have someone design an organizer for this smaller frunk compartment...

Yes, those are nice, and have been around for a few years... Just seem a little fancy for what I store in my frunk. I prefer to store emergency stuff (first aid stuff, tire inflator, hockey puck jack pads, tools, etc) in my frunk because it's so easy to access in an emergency; unlike the trunk or sub-trunk lower storage, which may be difficult to access depending on what else is in my trunk...and what I may have to remove in order to access these items in the sub-trunk. One day, maybe someone will get bored and create one...I just don't have the skills! :)

I've been looking for a frunk organizer for my 2023 MS LR. I carry emergency items, cleaning items, tire inflator, first aid, "hockey pucks", etc in my frunk and, right now, I have things in various bags or containers. I've had an MS since 2017 (2017, 2019, and now 2023) and have always searched for something to help organize my frunk. I've found nothing. In my dreams, I'd place a laser "something" inside the empty frunk to measure the space, and then magically create a container(s) that fills the odd space perfectly. Why has no one created such a container(s)? Sigh...

I found this and the comes in several colors. 😁

1687533590151.png

Last edited:
I don't use an organizer, rather I pack in cheap tool bags or cheap gym bags. I stick a lable on the outside with markings for what car it goes into and what's in the bag then instead of a bunch of little things in the frunk there is a couple of big bags that are easily organized and pulled out when needed.

The optimal word here is CHEAP!

-stew

Reactions: lmmuzquiz