Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Executive Rear Seats With Arm Rest

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The primary owner riding in the rear could also be why Tesla pointed out that HVAC and media could be controlled via the app in the rear (which isn't currently available even for cars with the winter package, right?)

I'd be happy with the original prototype Tesla console for the middle seat.

I agree - at least that you could potentially "unbuckle" it and remove it when the middle seat needed. Don't get me wrong, I love Tesla, but I have a hard time understanding how adding a fixed armrest and a couple of cup holders qualifies as executive seating, at least when compared to the other options that are out there (e.g. longer wheelbase, rear mirrors/lighting, rear climate/entertainment controls, more storage, etc - much less reclining/ventilated/massaging seats seen in higher-end vehicles).

Rear executive (2) seats are now available!

Mods if this was posted anywhere else please feel free to move!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is what I was hoping to do with my new order.... now it is available straight from TESLA AND there seems to be NO MORE "next generation" rear seats, just a better leather in the standard seats........ Hopefully these exec seats are retrofittable otherwise I think I will cancel order and re-order with these seats....... Bummer! my P85D was just shipped to EU.... and a new order would not be ready till May, for EU delivery rather than end Feb....

Sorry if this is a little off topic, but based on the picture does this mean there is going to be a rear armrest/cupholder accessory coming for existing owners? It would be nice to have the ability to seat 5 when needed, but have the nice 4 seat setup with the armrest/cupholder.

Hmm...is this the third separate topic about this new option?

Mods, please merge. Thanks.

Will do. If you already have the link ready for the thread to merge it with that helps us too. Thanks.

mod note: Merged three threads on same topic. Large thread from Ordering section moved here to Interior & Exterior

Last edited:
I'm thinking that there would be many buyers that would prefer this seating option. Most buyers never have more than four people in their car! I think these new luxurious seats just make it that more comfortable for (our) Tesla Model Guests! Had the option been available at my time of purchase I would have opted for it. Very nice! Quiet luxury!

I was also thinking I was the only one!
I LOVE the look and comfort of the wider executive rear seats, changed my order as soon as I saw them.

I really have no need for THAT much "cargo" If I can't fit what I need in the trunk and frunk I clearly need to re-think what I am packing.
Seriously, this wasn't meant to be a pickup truck.

I would like the executive rear seats with rear facing seats. Am I the only one?

For those of us with P85Ds waiting for Next Gen seats, I wonder if we will be allowed to opt to replace the Recaro rear bench with these new executive rear seats, and at what cost? I'd go for that. I've already got the Sub-Zero package and premium interior upgrade.

I have the same question, though I did not order Sub Zero. Hmmmmmmmm.......

Interesting. I took delivery 2 weeks ago with next gen fronts and regular rears. I'm going to have to make a call.....
Prior to delivery, Executive seats required also paying for Premium interior and Subzero packages as well, something I didn't really want or need.
Are you owed the Next Gen. rear seats? It would be interesting to see if JUST the Exec. seating could be now chosen as an upgrade without the other options.
Let us know how it turns out.