Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Destroyed in EV Safety Training Video

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I haven't got sound on this machine, but I don't get the idea behind this video.
Whenever they have a simulation like that here, the fire department cuts/prys open the doors to get inside the car and rescue the passengers.
What sense does it make to cut through the dashboard once you are inside? Complete waste of time, isn't it? Or do they expect to rescue injured passengers through the sharp edged remains of a destroyed dashboard/frunk??? Strange methods for sure.

What they are discussing is how to "flip" the dashboard forward in the case that the cabin has been deformed such that the passengers are pinned by it. That requires cutting the A-pillars down by the wheel wells (while not hitting the DC-DC converter), the connections to the strut tower under the hood, the brace under the hood and (the part you asked about) the piece that ties the dash to the floor of the car inside, under the display. The trainer says that if there's only one occupant, you can just reach in from the other side and cut that support. Otherwise you have to go between the front seats, as shown.

Do they have to play the rock music as they tear the thing apart? Cool video, but painful to watch the post 27 min mark.

Here is a super cut of just the Model S destruction parts. As much as it pained me to leave the wailing guitar background music in, I did so you can hear the Model S creak and groan:
What's with all the anti shredding hate? No love for a blistering lead any more? Kids today :rolleyes: