Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Based on what I've seen the trade In really screws with delivery dates. I suppose its in their best interest to let the car being traded in depreciate as much as possible before delivering a car in return. Its a bit of a baked in conflict of interest. Wouldn't put this shady behavior past Tesla...
Mine says 12-28 May but it moves back one day every day. My trade-in estimate expires tomorrow.

Based on what I've seen the trade In really screws with delivery dates. I suppose its in their best interest to let the car being traded in depreciate as much as possible before delivering a car in return. Its a bit of a baked in conflict of interest. Wouldn't put this shady behavior past Tesla...
I agree. But if they screw me too hard, I’ll tell them to keep their $250 and go pound sand. It’s not like my Vanquish is a wheelbarrow. 🤣

Honestly I don't think so. Tesla need to move cars as their top priority. The buyback business is a hurdle they have to deal with.

yep! Never buy a Porsche Taycan new, or most EVs for that matter. Mine came with a "track pack" too, as it had ceramic brakes. Previous owner even did a full body PPF, and it was CPO. Definitely got lucky finding it locally.
Well if for one moment we disregard bragging rights, a well equipped Taycan plus a Porsche Approved warranty which can be renewed yearly seems to be a compelling alternative. The car is plenty fast enough! What is lost in range and one pedal driving is made up for by build quality, handling and general refinement. Most used Taycans with low mileage look and feel like new and their future depreciation is unlikely to exceed that of a new Plaid, no?

I got it! Traded in my black 100D for a brand-new beautiful Ultra Red LR/19"/Cream! Ordered on 4/18, picked up in Dedham MA on 5/11. Car looks flawless to me, though I don't think I'm as detail-oriented as some here. Pickup was super easy - look it over, sign a few papers, and wait 20 minutes for the registration to process. Plus, no one forced me into an FSD demo drive, so I guess that Elon mandate didn't take.

Drove it home after puzzling out the on-screen shifting, and then spent an hour setting up and configuring things. Sorry, no RGB ambient or front camera, but I honestly don't think I'm going to miss either of them. It's amazing how much has changed from just 5 years ago.

I'm off to see how FSD does on my drive to work. For anyone thinking of ordering one - you won't be sorry!

Well if for one moment we disregard bragging rights, a well equipped Taycan plus a Porsche Approved warranty which can be renewed yearly seems to be a compelling alternative. The car is plenty fast enough! What is lost in range and one pedal driving is made up for by build quality, handling and general refinement. Most used Taycans with low mileage look and feel like new and their future depreciation is unlikely to exceed that of a new Plaid, no?

Agree with all of that

Agree with all of that
I’ve thought about this every time I get a new Tesla and I just can’t do it.
Even if it does address comfort, build quality, ride quality etc - the difference in tech, in updates, just in how Tesla approaches the technology vs the automotive aspect….just can’t do it. I’ll miss regular updates new features all the time the best FSD on the market, the functionality of the app,etc. I may dig the ride of the Taycan more, but no one does tech like Tesla & thats more important to me. I can deal with some bumps and squeaks but can’t deal with crashing apps less updates less features etc.

Well said - another variable is also the local Porsche dealership experience. Some locations are great, some stink. For me, the build quality etc can’t overcome the range issue. I own 2 other Porsches so I’m def a fan, but I honestly never even considered the Taycan because of the cost and the range. I do love the way they look though.