Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
While they may have laid off some employees I hardly think any of them were train operators or yard workers in transport centers. If they were shipping watches via UPS sure, but transport is a bit out of their control.
Yes the laid off I said mostly in jest, but them not properly paying the delivery contractors I could totally see happening, got to cut costs somewhere to fund the boss mans pay package...

• Funny
Reactions: Seattle
Yes the laid off I said mostly in jest, but them not properly paying the delivery contractors I could totally see happening, got to cut costs somewhere to fund the boss mans pay package...
Seems like you have many frustrating Assumptions. As my company deals with freight (rail, ship, truck) None of these are Ever predictable! They are paid before any product is moved so your not properly paying them is a bit comical. If Union Pacific was owned by Tesla maybe, but it’s not.

So you think it got hit or damaged during transport? That thought crossed my mind... And yes I went back and forth on the Plaid, until I checked how much insurance would be on it and also arranged getting the business tax credit on the LR as well as $5k from Colorado where I would get neither on the Plaid. LR should be plenty fast for me still faster than my M3P was, well that's what I keep telling myself anyway :)
So, here's the deal. I had this hunch that they might've touched up a part, maybe repainted it. I mean, the paint job seemed pretty top-notch at first glance, but then I noticed some overspray on the inner bits.

The whole front end, especially the headlights and fog lights, looked like they'd been through a hailstorm of gravel. I spotted that as soon as I got it, and we agreed they'd swap out all the lights for new ones.

Maybe it was just a tiny scratch on the fender, and they thought they'd patch it up. Anyway, bottom line, they threw in 10k miles as a peace offering. I asked if they could at least hook me up with a loaner while I waited for my new car, but no dice. Ended up trading in my car and basically left without wheels.

If it wasn't a Tesla, I'd be taking them to court, or better yet, I'd bounce to a different brand. But hey, still keeping the faith in Tesla for now!

Did you ever end up getting the vehicle or did you give up?
I gave up, it was too strange. Initially they said the vehicle was at a service center a hundred miles away. After many delivery attempts I offered to just take delivery at that location, I had no problem driving an hour and a half to pick it up if Tesla was having trouble finding a shipping service. But they refused, (red flag 1) then they proceeded to cancel 5 appointments (red flag 2) when I went in for the last time to ask where the car was and why it was taking nearly 2 weeks to ship it 100 miles and why in the world I can’t just take delivery there, they said they weren’t sure it was there and that they can’t connect to it to confirm its location. (Red flag 3)

I posted my dilemma on here and everyone agreed it’s best to walk away from it. Which I did.

Maybe it's a Canadian thing. Im in Ottawa. Ordered 2/22/24 msp red, black interior with wheel and 19"wheels. my delivery dates have followed your exactly including changing to July 17-September 11 yesterday. very disappointing.
Mine was the same thing as well. Just ended up switching my order to a 23 inventory plaid, came out to almost 15k less than a brand new one 24 model same specs. Lose out on the sports seats but I'll take a 15k discount considering it only has 100km on it plus it was a Dec 23 build so seems worth it to me for the trade off.

Reactions: TBrownTX
Mine was the same thing as well. Just ended up switching my order to a 23 inventory plaid, came out to almost 15k less than a brand new one 24 model same specs. Lose out on the sports seats but I'll take a 15k discount considering it only has 100km on it plus it was a Dec 23 build so seems worth it to me for the trade off.
Retrofit the seats and you’ll still be way ahead

I considered doing this as my local Tesla place has a Plaid in my spec in inventory with 67 miles. They want $94.5k for it and won’t come off the price. Mine with sport seats ordered is $87,990. Not willing to pay more for a “used” car. If I could get it for even the same price as mine I’d consider it but they balked at that idea. 🤷🏻‍♂️

I considered doing this as my local Tesla place has a Plaid in my spec in inventory with 67 miles. They want $94.5k for it and won’t come off the price. Mine with sport seats ordered is $87,990. Not willing to pay more for a “used” car. If I could get it for even the same price as mine I’d consider it but they balked at that idea. 🤷🏻‍♂️
Yeah that's insane. I think it's a bit easier getting a discounted x or s in Canada. With luxury tax here they're having a harder time pushing out as much volume so plenty of heavily discounted "demo" models from end of last year. Plus you can inspect them on delivery and if there's any blemishes or issues you note they'll change things for you right away. I had a small mark on my previous S LR on the windshield and they changed the entire windshield for free.

That is quite literally the definition of stupidity. Where are the people who understand sales at Tesla? This is what has me concerned the most about Tesla's future(and present, really)…they continue to act as if they are the only game in town, with both sales and service.

Guys look what I did today! Officially moving from lurker to waiter.

Design:
Model S Dual Motor All-Wheel Drive
Ultra Red
21" Arachnid Wheels
Cream Premium Interior with Walnut Décor
Yoke Steering
Autopilot

I am so excited as I have been wanting a Model S for 10 years now.
Screenshot 2024-05-09 at 6.02.53 PM.jpegScreenshot 2024-05-09 at 6.07.19 PM.png

That is quite literally the definition of stupidity. Where are the people who understand sales at Tesla?
Recently deemed non essential probably.
This is what has me concerned the most about Tesla's future(and present, really)…they continue to act as if they are the only game in town, with both sales and service.
And the future is looking a little like Twitter...

Reactions: Seattle and teko
After a few thousand miles I can feel the vibration in the 40-50 mph range, with the 21in wheels being as stiff as they are, it doesn’t really bother me as I can already feel all the other imperfections in the road.
No vibration in the 80mph range and that was my biggest concern.

So far I’m loving the car! I’m so glad I decided to stick with the model s over the i7 that I test drove. The i7 was way more luxurious, but I prefer sportiness over luxury so I’m happy with my decision.

The only thing I slightly regret is not going with the Plaid, I’m already used to the LR acceleration and my kids absolutely love how quick it is. They always ask to floor it, that is when they’re not watching cartoons on the rear screen. So freaking convenient, we road trip a lot and we always brought the iPad, and obviously they could never agree on who’s getting the better view when we positioned the iPad in the middle. Now with the fixed screen there’s no arguing.

I’ve installed the front mud flaps and the sunshade, planning on getting the spoiler next and some nice 20in wheels along with powder coating the brake calipers to match the car… or trading it in for a Plaid.. haven’t decided yet.

I’m so impressed by the faster charging compared to my old P90D.
Stopped at the Forth Worth TX- North Freeway supercharger at the buccees, the car was ready to go before we were ready to go.
Topped out at 252 kW.
View attachment 1044724
uhmm I thought the model S was good at absorbing the imperfections on the road? Is the model S worse than the new model 3 in that aspect?