Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey Ryan, which Plaid spec? My ultra red plaid is incoming to the pond springs Austin location and I have a delivery scheduled for 3/11. I wonder if you'll get your S around the same time?
Model S Plaid - Ultra Red, White interior, 19” Wheels, steering wheel.

After much back and forth and internal debate - I decided to call corporate and ask what the deal was with the inbound Plaid and what it would take to switch to it.

She said it was inbound, likely same truck as my LR, exact same configuration, available, and she’d switch it if I wanted.

I said DO IT.

30 seconds later I had the Plaid VIN in my account and a new invoice with the additional $16,500 or so.

In the end I realized that I was trying to make the LR look and feel like a Plaid - when I could have just paid the additional ~17% and have the real thing.

Here is to hoping the “regret” doesn’t come from upgrading that I was worried would happen if I stuck with the Long Range.

Excited to finally get it and send back my vinyl carbon fiber wrap. All my other many accessories will be Plaid friendly.

Thanks thread for all your thoughts!

Supposedly teslascope is reliable and they got the info from a "trusted" source. I remain very skeptical.
There “reliable source” also said Tesla would announce days ago. lol. I suspect their reliable source was a manager of GM or a short seller hoping to extend the EPA buyers delay with FUD. Even if this was some super secret, people Do hopefully realize there Will be updates and accessories beyond this date forever! Long view, it’s a theoretical Tron bathroom lighting mod or a camera that does N0thing similar to the radar in the bumper collecting dust.

After much back and forth and internal debate - I decided to call corporate and ask what the deal was with the inbound Plaid and what it would take to switch to it.

She said it was inbound, likely same truck as my LR, exact same configuration, available, and she’d switch it if I wanted.

I said DO IT.

30 seconds later I had the Plaid VIN in my account and a new invoice with the additional $16,500 or so.

In the end I realized that I was trying to make the LR look and feel like a Plaid - when I could have just paid the additional ~17% and have the real thing.

Here is to hoping the “regret” doesn’t come from upgrading that I was worried would happen if I stuck with the Long Range.

Excited to finally get it and send back my vinyl carbon fiber wrap. All my other many accessories will be Plaid friendly.

Nice! $16,500 with tax?

I said DO IT.

You won’t regret it. I to went to buy a LR and my wife who knows me well said “hell No, you’ll remind me every day that you should have done the Plaid”. She does know me well. Sooo happy she pushed me over the edge. We work to hard to not get what we want.

You won’t regret it. I to went to buy a LR and my wife who knows me well said “hell No, you’ll remind me every day that you should have done the Plaid”. She does know me well. Sooo happy she pushed me over the edge. We work to hard to not get what we want.
Love it - my wife had a role in my decision as well, but less active. I actually bought a plaid badge from TSportline and she opened the package when it came and looked at me skeptically and said “wait, you’re not gonna put that on the slower one right?”

Called me on my BS…lol

Took delivery of my 2024 MSLR today in Nashville today - vehicle was perfect. Drove it 2 miles to PPF shop for drop off. Getting full XPEL Stealth Wrap and XR Plus window tint. Will post pics when I get it back (hopefully Thursday).

View attachment 1024283
I picked mine up yesterday, drove 200 miles home and to a shop for the same(ish)

Full front XPEL PPF
20% window tint all around
50% windshield, headlights, marklights and tailights.
Full ceramic coating as well.

Yeah, same "trusted source" cited at NotATeslaApp. The source is probably TMC. 🤪 I've seen them use us as a source before.

“Supposedly” massaging seats are on the way, too.

If Tesla could guarantee those, plus the FUSC + FSD transfers, I’d upgrade my wife’s X right this minute.

If not, we’ll keep it.

(Happy wife, happy life. If massaging seats are important to her, so be it …)

Are you still looking to sell this ?
We'll see after take delivery. Either I get the refresh in which case there may be a possible change in interior then I'd try to sell the CF overlay I purchased from RPM or I don't get the front bumper camera and I get to use the CF overlay and hope for a retrofit front bumper camera in the future. Either okay with either outcome.

Reactions: mistaDubZ

I said DO IT.

Congrats! When is yours due in Austin? That spec will look amazing. I have 3 boys so I don't have the guts to go with the white interior!

Congrats! When is yours due in Austin? That spec will look amazing. I have 3 boys so I don't have the guts to go with the white interior!
When I swapped to the Plaid my estimated delivery window didn’t change (3/12-3/19)…while in the store the guy showed me his screen and it said “estimated arrival 3/14”…so I’m guessing they’ll need a couple days to clean it up and I’ll get my car that weekend.

There “reliable source” also said Tesla would announce days ago. lol. I suspect their reliable source was a manager of GM or a short seller hoping to extend the EPA buyers delay with FUD. Even if this was some super secret, people Do hopefully realize there Will be updates and accessories beyond this date forever! Long view, it’s a theoretical Tron bathroom lighting mod or a camera that does N0thing similar to the radar in the bumper collecting dust.
Stock much? teslascope snapshot on X.pngteslascope snapshot on X 2.png😆

The most sus’ part of this is that an “announcement” from Tesla was imminent. That made no sense. Publicly announcing changes now would disrupt order flow. Folks would cancel and/or delay existing orders, and this would negatively impact quarterly numbers. IF there are changes forthcoming, they would just do it, and then people would find out upon delivery. Alternatively, IF they were to announce changes, they would increase the price of the new version and/or lower the price of the outgoing version to minimize cancellations of existing orders.