Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I ordered MSLR in November and still no vin, sold my car this week and picked an inventory vehicle which has my exact cars config. It had "immediate availability"

Now just showing my frustration to the rep, maybe they will knock off $2500 UR charge 🤷

Still have my original order too
Available to purchase isn’t the same as drive away with. You clearly knew there was a delay, why would you think these inventory cars would be different or special to the circumstance? Your a few days to the finish line, no sense getting more frustrated this late in the game in my opinion.

Reactions: cwanja and BBartoli
So I ordered MSLR in November and still no vin, sold my car this week and picked an inventory vehicle which has my exact cars config. It had "immediate availability"

Now just showing my frustration to the rep, maybe they will knock off $2500 UR charge 🤷

Still have my original order too
This is me exactly with different timeline

Talk to tesla, they reduced the increased color fee from my picking up the existing inventory order
And i got a loaner

If the hold is cleared in 48 to 72 hours that would translate to release on February 29th or March 1st. Could this be true? Anyone else discussed this with their SC? I call Tesla Miramar (San Diego) and I was told they had no update and they will call me when the car will be releases from EPA jail.
They might have forgotten there're 29 days this February

I'm picking up my car in about an hour. Driving straight to the PPF place.

From my research and word of mouth, the brand of PPF doesn't really matter as long as its a premier well known brand. It's more dependent on who is installing it. So I found the most reputable PPF guy and he happens to use Kavaca PPF. I'm getting a matte finish.
I have a nearby ppf shop which uses kavaca but that was the only one using kavaca from what i understand.
Hence I am not so sure.

My PPF guy apparently can get me in tomorrow. He's normally about 6 weeks booked out but has tons of openings right now. He only does Tesla and specializes in the Model S. He didn't realize about the EPA hold.
Does that mean the bumper and paint under the license plate bracket that you removed before accepting your car was in acceptable shape?

• Funny
Reactions: foos
Looks like they must have done a batch of UR last week. I am waiting on a Black MSLR, ordered on 2/14 as well. Still waiting on a narrowed delivery date and VIN.
Yeah I ordered a stealth grey with white interior on the 17th and have the same as you rn in the app. Hopefully this epa hold really is lifted in the next 72 hours and they just start pumping them all out haha

Reactions: BBartoli
Looks like they must have done a batch of UR last week. I am waiting on a Black MSLR, ordered on 2/14 as well. Still waiting on a narrowed delivery date and VIN.
I hope they have done a lot of Ultra Red! I haven't seen any LR UR in inventory in Texas in many weeks. In two months? There are 22 in inventory around the country, but none here. Come on Tesla - 3 months is a long time to wait. Ship me my car!

Reactions: BBartoli
Looks like Friday will be the final date on my timeline - pickup is scheduled!

1709079548969.png