Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just got home from taking delivery. Car was perfect. Definitely some light scratches on the paint, but paint correct will fix that. Interior perfect. No vibrations at any speed that I could sense. I didn't drive the car that hard on my trip to PPF but will stretch her legs when I get her back after Christmas. Couple of blemishes in the clear that I don't think I'll notice once the PPF is on it. Cameras were still calibrating when I dropped it off at PPF so didn't get a chance to test anything "Auto" related.

Super happy with my new baby! Tesla Service Center folks were fantastic. Let me check the car inside and out. Came out and checked on me every 30 mins or so to make sure everything was good and if I had any questions.

1702933190067.png

1702933119431.png

I just got home from taking delivery. Car was perfect. Definitely some light scratches on the paint, but paint correct will fix that. Interior perfect. No vibrations at any speed that I could sense. I didn't drive the car that hard on my trip to PPF but will stretch her legs when I get her back after Christmas. Couple of blemishes in the clear that I don't think I'll notice once the PPF is on it. Cameras were still calibrating when I dropped it off at PPF so didn't get a chance to test anything "Auto" related.

Super happy with my new baby! Tesla Service Center folks were fantastic. Let me check the car inside and out. Came out and checked on me every 30 mins or so to make sure everything was good and if I had any questions.

View attachment 1000784

View attachment 1000782
Awesome. Maybe the new sweet spot is to take delivery 18 months after a refresh. Not 6 months or a year, like I did😕

Did the car come with the holiday/recall update?

Reactions: zoomer0056
Not this one. I thought they could not deliver cars with an open recall?

Depending on how the recall nerfs AP, you might want to stay on this for a while.

Newest one is 44.30.2, IIRC.
The factory usually is running on a different software branch. I believe 2023.38.200.2 is the factory version with the recall implemented. For the rest of us it's going to be 2023.44.30.x - eventually the newly delivered cars will be updated to that or newer

It’s not. As you’re well aware they’ve corrected a ton of things. Head rest wrinkle (which they may have to replace again), carbon fiber door trim not sitting flush with interior material, the notorious fender issue, scratches / oil stain on the console, etc….
Likely the last update. So I picked it up. It has an issue with the cup holder, rear headrest and windshield but those will likely be remedied under warranty. I had it ppf’d. Full body. Looks great….but the shop ppf’d over a rock chip. At pick up they said they don’t touch up but I could’ve sworn he told me they did at drop off. Either way they did a pretty good job. I’m bummed at the rock chip but I’ll either live with it or touch it up and have them reapply it. It’s on the plastic rocker panel so it’s not going to corrode. It almost looks like dirt and I can’t feel it through the ppf but that’s probably because it’s 8mm thick. Maybe I’ll apply a drop of touch up directly on top of the film just so I don’t have to see it.

Reactions: zoomer0056
I took my S to Alset Auto here in Jacksonville. They don't do anything but Tesla vehicles. The full PPF comes with a full paint correction to buff out any scratches in the clear etc. For larger rock chips he said they try and repair it if they can but sometimes it's not possible. I've seen their work and it's incredibly meticulous. It's a full custom wrap and not a plotter based template, so they go around the edges of everything. They also remove all the trim, cameras etc. I'll definitely share some pics when I get it back next week.

@Faksnima make sure to try and leave your car in the sun for a day or 2. The heat might reform the PPF where the chip is and make it less noticeable. Don't hit it with a heat gun lol.

I took my S to Alset Auto here in Jacksonville. They don't do anything but Tesla vehicles. The full PPF comes with a full paint correction to buff out any scratches in the clear etc. For larger rock chips he said they try and repair it if they can but sometimes it's not possible. I've seen their work and it's incredibly meticulous. It's a full custom wrap and not a plotter based template, so they go around the edges of everything. They also remove all the trim, cameras etc. I'll definitely share some pics when I get it back next week.

@Faksnima make sure to try and leave your car in the sun for a day or 2. The heat might reform the PPF where the chip is and make it less noticeable. Don't hit it with a heat gun lol.
Congrats. I also removed trim and cameras when I PPFed my car. I used precuts that had every edge extended that could be wrapped. I also put another layer on for the rear wheel flair out and behind the rear fender. The only place I didn't cover was the inside black piece below the front of the hood, the place where the Tesla badge is. I also applied Halo, a flexible ceramic on top of the Xpel.

• Informative
Reactions: aerodyne
Congrats. I also removed trim and cameras when I PPFed my car. I used precuts that had every edge extended that could be wrapped. I also put another layer on for the rear wheel flair out and behind the rear fender. The only place I didn't cover was the inside black piece below the front of the hood, the place where the Tesla badge is. I also applied Halo, a flexible ceramic on top of the Xpel.
You're brave. I thought about doing it myself and then came to my senses :D. It looks doable until you watch someone that does not know how to do it attempt to PPF a car. Best sales technique for these shops lol.

You're brave. I thought about doing it myself and then came to my senses :D. It looks doable until you watch someone that does not know how to do it attempt to PPF a car. Best sales technique for these shops lol.
Yes, those that do a good job professionally have skills. I spent 3 months while waiting for my 2022 MSLR researching, buying tools and cleaning my garage. Dust and lint are the enemy.

Reactions: aerodyne

How much does that cost?

Yow. I don't quite understand that cost. I guess if you are planning on keeping the car for a long time. I have had cars on average 2-3 years recently and the paint holds up pretty well. And CarMax doesn't care if there are a few chips in the paint.
I didn't buy PPF for investment protection. I bought it to keep the car looking good. All my cars have always lived in the garage and washed weekly. This will just keep the paint looking really good for a long time. I don't intend on getting money out of it ever. Maybe my reasons for doing PPF are a bit different than others.

Likely the last update. So I picked it up. It has an issue with the cup holder, rear headrest and windshield but those will likely be remedied under warranty. I had it ppf’d. Full body. Looks great….but the shop ppf’d over a rock chip. At pick up they said they don’t touch up but I could’ve sworn he told me they did at drop off. Either way they did a pretty good job. I’m bummed at the rock chip but I’ll either live with it or touch it up and have them reapply it. It’s on the plastic rocker panel so it’s not going to corrode. It almost looks like dirt and I can’t feel it through the ppf but that’s probably because it’s 8mm thick. Maybe I’ll apply a drop of touch up directly on top of the film just so I don’t have to see it.
How much is PPF