Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tried website, App, and phone wait for 45 minutes. Call-back feature didn’t work again. Still nothing. Oh, and I texted the number that texted me about my original order confirmation. Nada. Zip, zilch. Either get it changed by end of tomorrow or I’m going to cancel the order. I’ve never tried so hard to spend $100k. Love the cars, but customer service is worse than DMV.

Tried website, App, and phone wait for 45 minutes. Call-back feature didn’t work again. Still nothing. Oh, and I texted the number that texted me about my original order confirmation. Nada. Zip, zilch. Either get it changed by end of tomorrow or I’m going to cancel the order. I’ve never tried so hard to spend $100k. Love the cars, but customer service is worse than DMV.
That’s too far KingPaul!

Reactions: KingPaul
I’d say KingPaul has it right, Teslas non existent customer service is definitely worse than anything else. Based on customer service their NPS would be hugely negative.

Give me my car already (596days since ordering SLR) - or at minimum communicate communicate communicate communicate.

Zero contact initiated from Tesla side during the time - client needs to be active and go on-site to get no answers - as advisors know nothing.

Not sure if this helps anyone but I just got a call from tesla. they told me that they had a car that fit my build that had just arrived in sacramento(6 hours from me in SoCal) that had all of my specs except it had the yoke. They offered to deliver it to my service center for pick up and would replace the yoke when they received the steering wheel which is on back order.

I started to say yes but then asked about The wheel install and they would have to do it at the service center so I elected to just wait

my details are blue, black int, round wheel long range, 19’s
I ordered about 1/18. And the app still says 2/19-3/30. The guy who call said my car should be done by end of March

Not sure if this helps anyone but I just got a call from tesla. they told me that they had a car that fit my build that had just arrived in sacramento(6 hours from me in SoCal) that had all of my specs except it had the yoke. They offered to deliver it to my service center for pick up and would replace the yoke when they received the steering wheel which is on back order.

I started to say yes but then asked about The wheel install and they would have to do it at the service center so I elected to just wait

I ordered about 1/18. And the app still says 2/19-3/30. The guy who call said my car should be done by end of March
The cover story sounds like they were trying to push off a reject on you. Best to wait IMO.

Reactions: K.I.T.T.23
UPDATE: Tesla got back to me by text. They explained that since my financing had already been applied for, the ability to change the order was locked. They say they are updating my order, it would show in my account sometime today, and it would also “update ETA” 3 days after the change is requested. I am currently slated for 2/28-3/31. We will see how that is affected.

Updated sheet. Added @TheWhiteEGG , updated some info and EDD updates. I keep checking to see if I have a hidden VIN, (Ctrl+U, then search for 5YJ) but no dice so far.
Order DateNamePlaid?InteriorExteriorWheelsSteeringEDDVIN DateDelivery Loc/Date
3-Jan​
LowtekYBlackRed21"Yoke15 Feb - 22 MarAlabama
7-Jan​
K.I.T.T.23YCreamBlack19"Yoke12 Feb - 5 MarColorado
13-Jan​
Duke846YWhiteWhite19"Round22 Feb - 29 MarNebraska
16-Jan​
SuyoungmanYBlackGrey19"Yoke22 Feb - 29 MarOC
16-Jan​
KingPaulNCreamGray19"Round28 Feb - 23 MarN Carolina
17-Jan​
NickosYBlackBlack21"Round21 Feb - 28 MarCalifornia
18-Jan​
HAJMNWhite19"Round3 Mar - 31 MarFlorida
18-Jan​
ToddlNBlackBlue19"Round19 Feb - 31 MarCalifornia
25-Jan​
msnapperYBlackSilver21"Round26 Feb - 31 MarWisconsin
30-Jan​
whenrybYCreamSilver19"RoundFeb - MarNashville
5-Feb​
TheWhiteEGGNWhiteRed21'RoundFeb - MarCalifornia
@K.I.T.T.23 Somehow my info got changed ... it is a Plaid, and blue exterior.... FWIW.. :)

Reactions: K.I.T.T.23
Sorry @HAJM not sure why that happened, Updated! Thanks @KingPaul , glad it got updated!
Order DateNamePlaid?InteriorExteriorWheelsSteeringEDDVIN DateDelivery Loc/Date
3-JanLowtekYBlackRed21"Yoke15 Feb -22 MarAlabama
7-JanK.I.T.T.23YCreamBlack19"Yoke12 Feb - 5 MarColorado
13-JanDuke846YWhiteWhite19"Round22 Feb - 9 MarNebraska
16-JanSuyoungmanYBlackGrey19"19 Feb - 31 MarOC
16-JanKingPaulNCreamGray19"Yoke28 Feb - 31 MarN Carolina
17-JanNickosYBlackBlack21"Round21 Feb - 28 MarCalifornia
18-JanHAJMYWhiteBlue19"Round3 Mar - 31 MarFlorida
18-JanToddlNBlackBlue19"Round19 Feb - 31 MarCalifornia
25-JanmsnapperYBlackSilver21"Round26 Feb - 31 MarWisconsin
26-Jandgene84YWhiteBlack21"Yoke28 Feb - 31 MarTexas
30-JanwhenrybYCreamSilver19"Round20 Feb - 27 MarNashville

Your decision on deciding which car to accept shouldn’t be based on the shape of the steering wheel but on the condition and quality of the rest of the car. I have a yoke and an EV Secret round steering wheel, so I have the inexpensive option of using which one I prefer. But the main thing is all the other elements of the car and what you find upon inspecting it before you accept final delivery. IMO

Reactions: aerodyne
My order was now updated. Feb 20 - March 27.
Tesla had reached out out available models with my specifications. The only differing matter was Yoke vs Round steering column. They offered me the yoke and to change to the round (at no cost) a couple months into ownership. We, unfortunately, declined.

I haven’t looked at mine yet
Yep, I check daily Duke... You guys will be some of the first to know when I see anything.
I have also noticed, for the past two weeks, I get updates on my car's status on Sunday. Seems odd, but both of the times my EDD changed it was on a Sunday morning. Also, the Sunday morning my EDD window opened up, and since my window opens on the 12th... tomorrow... I will likely have an update or something! Finger's crossed.

Reactions: Duke846
I see some low mileage demos for sale by Tesla, and it makes me wonder if they’re blowing them out because they’re getting ready to update the 2023’s and want the new ones to demo. The discounts are tempting!
Greater than zero chance that they started out as someone's reject.

Most stores don't let you drive a MS or MX, and there are few floor models, so do you think a perfect car with no issues is likely to become a floor model?

Although not driven, they get groped a lot and kids with greasy hands all over the screens, interior and controls.

Your theory about clearing out demos or floor models for the 2023's is a good one, and I think it happened before just as the current refresh rolled out. Given the lack of ability to inspect, you have to ask yourself, do you feel lucky...

Reactions: VikH and AMPd