Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Traveling north on I-5 from Bakersfield today. in about 3 hours. Saw 25 car carriers heading south. Most had at least one S on them. Even saw a few Xs. Most had more 3s than Ys. All colors represented. It was fun watching for the next carrier. Better than license plate bingo 😄
That's about half a semi's worth of missing parts

Picked up my Model S LR this afternoon from the Carlsbad, CA Delivery/Service Center. As far as I can tell so far, no problems except a paint blemish/repair on the lower edge of the rear tail light, and another minor one on the trunk lid lower inner edge. Did NOT get the lower trunk cover. I am most concerned about the summer tires delivered instead of the all-season tires I requested.

Picked up my Model S LR this afternoon from the Carlsbad, CA Delivery/Service Center. As far as I can tell so far, no problems except a paint blemish/repair on the lower edge of the rear tail light, and another minor one on the trunk lid lower inner edge. Did NOT get the lower trunk cover. I am most concerned about the summer tires delivered instead of the all-season tires I requested.

Since I took myself out of the loop, all cars delivered now will probably be flawless.

Sharing and gushing time!

Sharing and gushing time!

Yeah, it even does donuts and burnouts (and drifts); but only in Sport “Turbo” mode!

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Since I took myself out of the loop, all cars delivered now will probably be flawless.
Nope. The one I just got today had a door not open which they fixed. It also has a rattle in the back seat area but I think that's been addressed by putting electrical tape on the U latch. Have yet to do that. Few cosmetic things I put a service appointment for and I did not get the privacy cover. The rear screen also wouldn't turn off after locking the car; this was fixed by resetting the system.

• Informative
My EDD is also Feb 4 - Mar 4, so your tightening of your EDD to a 2 week window in Feb is bringing me some hope for a delivery in Feb! I'm also picking up in KC.
When I called Tesla a week or two ago to see if I can get an inventory car the Kansas City Tesla Center texted me unsolicited and said it looked like delivery would be second week of February for my existing order. I am hopeful this stands. I am still at February 8th to March 4th for my EDD. I am guessing we would be in the same shipment.

I wonder if the Kansas City tesla Center has even gotten one "LR" Model S since the refresh.